Is using a Gaming Mouse Program cheating?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ruchalus, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ruchalus

A couple months ago, I got a UtechSmart Venus gaming mouse so I could have more buttons easily available. This was mainly for SWTOR as I would no longer have to move my mouse over the buttons that are too far for my right hand's fingers. It came with a program that would allow you to program certain buttons on the mouse to correlate to buttons on the keyboard. I've used this in SWTOR for keys 6 through 0 but I noticed one thing in this program. Something called a "Fire Button"

Essentially what this is is that with the press of a single button, it would register multiple clicks with a delay in MS of my choosing. This could theoretically let me use the Beamer at it's full potential of 7 shots per second (doing this with your finger is hard and tiring) and could let me have more control of my automatic weapons by creating a form of psuedo burst mode.

However, I'm pretty sure this is considered cheating and I was wondering if others could provide their thoughts on the matter and if possible, have a Customer Support Representative give a definitive answer to the matter. I've had my PS2 account for years now, I've put a lot of work and money into it and I don't want to risk losing it.

You can find more details on the mouse and the program in the link found in the first sentence of the first paragraph.
  2. Kanelbullen300

As long as you don't do that beamer thing on every weapon I think you're good
  3. Ruchalus

the other pistols I can click myself, I really would like to use it for burst fire on my SMGs and auto scout rifles and be able to use the beamer without getting carpal tunnel.
  4. Ruchalus

I'm still waiting for an answer from DBG as I submitted a ticket about this. A reddit post I made hasn't really cleared up the situation either though, it just seems to be one long ongoing debate and older posts on the forums haven't helped clarify the answer for me either.