Is this hacking or a netcode glitch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xiphos, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Xiphos

I occasionally see players who warp around and are extremely difficult to hit while they themselves seem to have no problem hitting others. I finally managed to capture one of these players on video.

I always wondered: is this a hack or merely a glitch in the netcode?

If it was merely high ping, shouldn't these players find it very difficult and frustrating trying to hit others?

Should we report these players?

Regardless of what is really going on, the effect is indistinguishable from cheating.
  2. gunshooter

Hitreg is clientside

That is a speedhack though. You don't warp like that if you're lagging. If you're lagging you move at normal speed, you just pop in and out. You don't transcend the bounds of movement speed like that guy did. He also gets 4 headshots on you, so clearly he's aimbotting.
  3. Big Cyz

Looks like a lag switch. Basically all you do is load up about 50 torrents to start downloading which lags you out. Because the hit rego is client side, it's still playable even though you're lagging heavilly. Other people find it almost impossible to hit you however, because you're teleporting all over the screen.
  4. Xiphos

So is this something that I should report?