Is this allowed ? Farming certs with 2 acconts?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrainerS2, Feb 3, 2014.

1. TrainerS2

So i can see some players farm certs and get fast high BR , just kiling his another acc.
    You run 2 games on one your main accont on other twink to give your exp.
    Is this fair ? if ssomebody dont play fair from begin, so what will go next ,
    That kind of players will go for cheats at someday !
  2. Cowabunga

Negative, this is NOT allowed.
  3. Kunavi

While I don't do that and don't want to promote it, can you provide clear and specific comments on this from SOE, saying that it is not allowed?
  4. Daikar

It's called stat padding and will get you banned. Just report anyone doing it.
  5. TrainerS2

For me is not Fair-Play .
    Meybe report this guys ?
  6. Zombekas

How would that even get you faster exp...
  7. Kunavi

I know how it's called, I know some don't consider it fair but can you actually provide an official text stating it IS clearly and absolutely illegal and will get you banned?
  8. Arranzu

It's a script thing people do. Get two smurf accounts that are medics and go somewhere private. Have the two medics keep healing each other while you shoot them back and forth and they revive each other.

TL;DR Use scripts and smurfs to stat pad/boosting/scripting/whateveryoufancy/ cheating like a babby.
  9. Zombekas

B. TERMINATION
    Either SOE or you may terminate this Agreement and your Station Account at any time. Fees paid for any subscription or membership term or pay-per-use are paid in advance and are not refundable in whole or in part. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by not using The Station. However, to terminate a game, feature or service account or subscription for which you have subscribed, you must affirmatively terminate each such game account, feature or service in accordance with the terms and conditions for each such game, feature or service. Termination of your Station Account does not necessarily terminate your game, feature or service account or recurring subscription or membership fees and you will continue to incur and be responsible for recurring payment of such fees until you affirmatively terminate each such game account, feature or service in accordance with all applicable terms and/or end user license agreements therefor. We can terminate the Agreement by asking you to stop using The Station, and, if necessary, by preventing your access to The Station and/or your Station Account. Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall have no further rights to use The Station or its services. Your only right and remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with The Station is to terminate this Agreement and your Station Account and use of the Sites and SOE Communication Features, including, without limitation, any dissatisfaction with (i) any terms and conditions of this Agreement, or any policy or practice of SOE in operating The Station, (ii) content available through The Station, or any change therein, or (iii) the amount or type of fees or billing methods, or any change thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, SOE shall have the right to terminate this Agreement with you, effective immediately, and/or terminate or temporarily suspend your access to your Station Account and/or all or any part of The Station, without notice, in the event of any conduct by you which SOE, in its sole discretion after investigation, considers to be unacceptable, or for conduct that SOE believes is a violation of the terms and conditions contained herein or any policies or guidelines posted by SOE on The Station, or for other conduct which SOE believes, in its sole discretion, is harmful to SOE, other Station members or other users of The Station. SOE reserves the right to deny registration of any individual as a Station member and to deny access to The Station to any individual. Sections IV(C), VI, VII, VIII and IX shall survive termination of this Agreement in perpetuity.

Trust me, they will consider it unacceptable.
  10. Arranzu

Specially since winfield posted a thread finding someone doing such and someone did infact say it isn't allowed.
  11. Kunavi

And yet, it doesn't specifically state that this is such an offense. Again I have to ask just to be clear, is there word on THIS PARTICULAR issue, clearly named? Has ANYONE asked? Has ANYONE actually been banned for this? Can Luperza comment directly?

Consider this scenario - You have 2 PCs, 2 accounts only one of which is yours and you both take advantage of no Soldier limit per account per Server. It's not a Bot, it's a friend rolling an Alt just to help you OR just so you 2 can 1V1 by bringing 2 Sunderers at a secluded area, accepting the risk of getting blown up by random people showing up. Do you see how this would not really be padding by your defition(Not illegal)?

I mean, is there a wall of text saying that THIS is an offense? And if you want evidence, what happens if the two parties provide an actual VIDEO of this, a full video with no edit, of them actually playing PS2 like this, not necessarily padding in the sense you say but going 1 on 1?

Again I'm not doing this and I don't pad nor do I want to promote the idea but THIS thing here? I fail to see how that could be illegal or the whole of PS2 should be illegal?
  12. Irathi

Kunavi, to me it is starting to sound like as if you might be the guy with 2 accounts and right now you are wondering if it might get you banned.

If I'm mistaken, then just report the guy and be done with it. SOE will decide if it is unacceptable behaviour or not.

As for the scenario envisioned: No it is not illegal to duel 1 v 1, I guess if you where to do this excessivley (like 100 times) and one person won everytime it might look like statpadding. So in a purely hypothetical scenario a guy getting banned for unacceptable behaviour might have to go through the trouble by emailing the devs and explaning why you where going 1v1 100 times and won all 100 times.
  13. EmmettLBrown

Whatever you do, don't name them here. You'll get banned from the forums.
    Logic....
  14. Arranzu

There's a difference between what your saying and what we are. You said 2 people, 2 accounts. They can 1v1 all day if they want. What OP was asking was if just one person could make multiple accounts and just kill the idle from the throw away accounts. Just to cover ground if a friend has a second account and just stands there with you shooting him over and over to level you that IS still stat padding/boosting.
  15. Cromell

Ya know, it's pretty easy to see the difference between actual farming and friends just setting up themselves a duel from time to time, simply due to scale. Farmers will have hundreds of kills one by one (otherwise I don't imagine it would be worth the hassle), "friendly duels" would usually end much faster.

Don't expect the ToS to include every single possible fraud that gamers can come up with, SOE like many other companies allows themselves a certain freedom to judge suspicious activities at their discretion. It sometimes leads to strange bans but as far as I know all sorts of gamers, banned ones almost always had done something fishy... Like people above said, any exploitation of the games mechanics that would lead to unfair advantage (and yes, farming certs while watching a movie is unfair advantage :p), would most likely be deemed as *unacceptable*.
  16. Kunavi

I'd still like official word, even though I don't necessarily doubt what you all are trying to say. These scenarios are way too obscure for SOE to just swing a BanHammer and be done with it.

Irathi LOLWTF Paranoia much?
  17. Arranzu

Well your kinda alluding to it with how much you keep saying "no i want official word," like your waiting for someone to go it's allowed so you can do it. Like Previously stated it really isn't hard to tell the difference between friendly duels and boosting. In a game that tracks your kills and stats exploiting extra accounts to raise such counts as cheating.
  18. Kunavi

This is getting silly. Go check my Stats, in case you haven't noticed this IS my main and this IS its name. Check my Friends List, check it all. Report me if you want, I have nothing to hide. Have a GM monitor me 24/7, I don't care. Have them check my Account too, all they will find is 2 Alts lower than BR 15 if I remember, used only to test the opposition's weapons and organization. And that is all.

In short? Stop it here because this is slowly escalating to accusing me directly and I won't have that. In fact, checking back on Irathi, assuming that's their Soldier(3 actually) I must say they should be checked, the Stats are a bit better than expected to say the least, all things considered. ;P See what I did there? So really, stop that and try again. I will accept ANY and ALL kinds of checks to prove that I am 150% legit.

Happy? Can we go back to the conversation now?
  19. Arranzu

Then accept that boosting is boosting. Stop trying to invoke a bigger deal of something that's already settled. There's a difference between a duel and boosting and it's obvious to tell which is which. Boosting isn't allowed, duels are fine.
  20. Zombekas

Why so defensive all of a sudden? ^_^