Is there one class or ability on any empire..that an unskilled noob can own with?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ROMNEYTRON

To be fair, on when running max on my VS alt, I run nanite auto repair 1 and ZOE level 3 and it tears infantry and other maxes apart. Granted, I always need an engineer sooner than I would have with my NC Max, but the number of kills I can get in that small period of time is usually quite high, and will usually outdo the numbers I get with the NC Max.

I think it's a myth that ZOE needs to be maxed out to be effective. You need only bring it up to level 3. When you max it out is when it gets OP.
  2. The King

Something that a newbie can own with?
    It wont be any weapon. They will still suck at it.
    The only thing I can think of is the engineer repair and the medic gun.
    Then again, many medics are really bad. There are good ones, which isn't really hard to be..... but they make themselves very useful and we all appreciate them... a lot.

another thing... trolling the chat, most people just feeds em without knowing. Keeping the players distracted and causing them to hate each other... for some reason. I guess a newb can own doing that.
  3. Zv1deX

Yeah, I've invested in some Auto-Repair just for the sake of not being able to find an engie. I go back to spawn and switch load-outs, play the waiting game, and then switch back. I wouldn't dare run around without it though. Without Kinetic, guns like the Gauss SAW absolutely wreck a ZOE MAX.

I don't think people realize how passive you have to play as a ZOE MAX to stay alive at times. Honestly, if they made the MAX unable to be revived it would be the nerf people are looking for on ZOE. As is, ZOE users just take the death and wait out a medic.

In a MAX vs MAX fight with TR or NC if I don't hit you in the head 2-3 times I will lose because the damage debuff. People think ZOE is impossible, but really it just takes a few players aiming for the face to take one down in a heartbeat.
  4. Syphers

ZOE lvl1, nano repair lvl2 and I racked up around 230+ kills and 7-9 deaths, I had a few repairs there and there but no support 80% of the time. Agaisnt 3 opponents and + I just had to move backward and take them down one by one, dodging rockets with ease while firing at the same time. Hands down the most overpowered thing in the game when well used, way above the pre-nerf haxsaws as it is confined to CQC indoors anyway and easily taken down by dumbfire rockets.
  5. ent|ty

Yep, better nerf them.
  6. Snoozzzer

Vanu MAX with Zelot Overdrive (ZOE). This with machine guns on both arms

Medics do get you some nice certs from revives, and their assault rifles are nothing to scoff at. Engineers get repair and ammo points, can deploy those manna anti infantry turrets to camp choke points, and have mines.

----

These work with mediocre skills. If you had skills though, this thread probably wouldn't exist. ( :p )
  7. Zv1deX

To me, its on the same level a pre-nerf Hackmaxes. ZOE cannot one-shot-kill which gives an attacker enough time to deal some damage. If a ZOE MAX takes on a large enough crowd that is remotely competent then it will go down -- 30% faster at that. Add lack of kinetic armor and you have something that takes almost two times the damage from small arms. That's maybe 10 Guess SAW rounds to the chest -- not that hard of a accomplishment.

Pre-nerf HackMAX often meant death upon first sight of the max. There was no chance to respond. Even if the MAX was unskilled you maybe got a few rounds into them, which is nothing.

Sure. It could only be used in closed quarters (until the Mattocks we're noticed). But its TTK with the Hacksaws means it absolutely dominated close quarters. And what are most infantry engagement ranges in PS2? Close quarters.

Not trying to defend ZOE that much. It is admittedly a little too powerful in the right hands. But it certainly doesn't turn a noob into a leet.
  8. FieldMarshall

Medic. healing. tool.

I played on my laptop while starting out PS2 with 4 fps, and i was still raking in the certs.
    Once you max out your tool its the scythe for your cert farming harvest.

The best part is that any brainless idiot with no skill can be a pro at it.
  9. StolenToast

Get a Harasser with a Vulcan

Watch the world bend beneath your will
  10. IamDH

Strikers
  11. Kimble

I never thought flying was thought of as noob friendly..br100 aces will insta gib a noob.
  12. LowTechKiller

...That a noob can "own" with? No.
  13. LowTechKiller

Only if you're a pair of noobs.
  14. ViXeN

Using any vehicle or aircraft is an easy way to get kills but if you want to go on foot then its going to take certain skills to be able to really do well. I recommend reading my Infantry Guide first and then join VS on Waterson. Use the HA with the Orion. That gun is a beast.
  15. Haruk

Get in a Prowler.
  16. theholeyone

Maxes are a stupid idea as they have resource cost and long cooldowns for begineers.

Go medic and find the dumbest largest zerg you can.
  17. Blazini

Anything VS
  18. BengalTiger

Depends what game you come from.

If it's World of Tanks, the answer is obvious; if it's Call of Duty, it's also a pretty easy choice.

Bonus points for being a former clan/guild leader (or a manager at work)- open a public squad or create your own outfit and enjoy having dozens of guns shooting in the same direction you are.
    Give leading a try, if you get followers you'll become unstoppable, provided you know the limits of your team.
  19. SpetV

You can get easy certs with medic, or you can go TR and buy the T2 Striker, wait for an enemy to get in a dogfight with an ally, lock on, shoot, kill the enemy, destroy his fun! That's what all TR do.
  20. MilitiaMan

This statement is BS since 4 to 5 ranks in charge would be the same as 4 to 5 ranks in ZOE equaling the same amount of play time roughly.

ZOE is by far the easiest thing in the game to kill with and since it is an ability and not a weapon it effects burster and comets.

ZOE is pretty much unstoppable in skilled hands and decent in noob hands.

ADAD your way to victory, I do it all the time.