Is there any info on the different shields floating about?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MintiFresh, Dec 1, 2012.

1. MintiFresh

Title. I still don't know what shield is most effective, as the Resist Shield says it simply mitigates damage but does not say how much, which in my experience means it's complete trash. I'm not going to get something to find out it's a massive 5% damage reduction. Also, the Nanite Mesh gets taken out far too quickly and takes way too long to regenerate. I've also heard the Adrenaline Shield is bugged and doesn't restore as much shield as it should per kill, but as far as I can figure based on my playstyle the Adrenaline Shield is best suited to my herp-de-derp get behind the enemy mainlines and kill 5 people before they realize I'm there and shoot me in the face way of going about things as a heavy.

Was just wondering if there was a fancy table floating about as there are for weapons and some vehicles that would help me decide.
  2. Quor

Baseline NMG = extra shield bar. Higher levels reduce the time it takes to charge (it recharges faster). Great if you need "extra" health so to speak.

Resist shield = ~50% damage reduction for all incoming damage while it's active. Full base resist shield charge is shorter than the NMG or Adrenaline shield charge. Higher cert levels increase the time that the resist shield stays active. Recharges quickly, doesn't deplete with damage. Very strong when activated with hither (or full) life. Almost useless if activated after having received damage.

Adrenaline shield = exactly the same as NGM, only kills restore it as well as normal recharge. Only good as long as you're killing, otherwise it's just a more expensive NMG.s Great if you can guarantee kills. Won't be as good against absorbing large amounts of damage as the resist shield will.

As for the table....what exactly are you asking for? Reviews on the various weapons available?
  3. Louis Farrakhan

adrenaline shield is good for long range fighting. resist shield is for tanking close range. NMG is good for one on one fights.
  4. MintiFresh

I don't want assumed numbers. I want something like the weapon charts floating about where the data was extracted from the game files. Are there any of those floating around specifically for heavy shields?
  5. Megawatt

I'm looking for times on passive regen for Adrenaline Shield 1 or higher, and maybe Resist Shield 2 or higher, so I can complete some data gathering on hard number shield statistics for the community.

Just drain your Adren. Shield, and then time the passive regen with a stopwatch of some kind, preferably from the point the shield visibly deactivates until the last (thirteenth) ability shield indicator light fills up.

Once I have these regen numbers, I'll post my findings for everyone. Thanks.
  6. hostilechild

It seems NMG absorbs 2-3 hits fully, resist shield 50% So you have to take 4-6 hits for the resist shield to stop the same damage.
    With NMG i believe its (6+3) =9 hits to kill (body) Resist shield (6*2)= 12 hits Resist shield better
    With head shots 3? not counting sniper. it takes 2 shielded. same as resist shield with sniper
    NMG blocks like 2 headshots = 5 shots to kill with resist shield = 3x2 = 6 shots to kill

These are not exact just what numbers i get from observations, so Resist shield would be better and from using it i know i win more fights now. Its now where near as good as the 75% from beta.