Is There a Way to Report Cheating

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, May 23, 2016.

1. Targanwolf

Cheating is rampant as most know.
    TODAY on Emerald was the most egregious I have seen. A Vanu had ported into a spawn area as a MAX unit and was killing all who spawned into the respawn area. The base was fully secure and was not under attack. He attacked the second you appeared in the re-spawn chamber.

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN CLEANING UP THIS GAME ? IF SO....HOW CAN PLAYERS HELP ?

How exactly can we in game get a CSR and report cheating ?
  2. Gundem

If you see a blatant cheater, you can type /report to start the report process. From there, you can either enter the name of the cheater or select "Last Killer", which will automatically fill in with the name of the last person who killed you, then select how they were cheating, provide a quick explanation and then send it off to DBG.
  3. Campagne

Alternatively, you can also open the Voice and Chat menu, and right-click on their name in the chat log if they appear, such as "X killed you," or whatnot.

This can be quite helpful against names like "IliLiilLILIIIl." Good luck guessing which are uppercase i's and lowercase L's...
    • Up x 1
  4. Niamar

Report in game does nothing. You need to open a support ticket, report it and forget it. File 13 it like the GM's do to 99.9 percent of the support tickets.
  5. Taemien

I've not ever recieved feedback from the ingame support. So I'm unsure how often those are checked. But the support ticket on their website DOES work. I found a guy a month or so ago stat padding while researching weapon usage during alerts. Saw an anomalous reading on a burst weapon (was beating Orions and Carvs) and looked to see that only 2 people during the alert were using it. Dug a bit deeper to find the person with like a 700 KDR.

Checked their players profile and found they killed the same person 1100 times. Reported all this info to the site and got a response from my submitted ticket. Just to see what happened, I checked the guy's player profile every other day. It was exactly 168 hours from my report that he wasn't logging in for.

I assume he was suspended for those 7 days. So I believe they do check website submitted tickets.
  6. user101

You can in game report cheaters but for the most part is does no good. The DEV's have a big update comming in a few weeks with new ANTI-CHEAT software. I am sure that also will have some bugs.. More crying from the cheaters... will loose half the players if the anti-cheat works.