Is there a way to mark waypoints or sqaud indicators (Smoke, etc) on screen?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zelmanov, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Zelmanov

What I mean to say is that as of now, as far as I know, in order to throw down a way point, I have to hit map, right click and set waypoint Is there a way, with my crosshairs to set a waypoint that I happen to not know of?

If not, why is this not a function? It should be, especially quickly alerting your squad of enemy sunderers (nasty buggers that don't die unless you toss a blue-whale's worth of explosives at it) or simply choosing a target amongst a crowded column. C'mon, wouldn't it be nice to ask a group to open fire on the tank you specifically chose to bite the dust?
    • Up x 1
  2. Forblaze

Not to my knowledge, but I like the idea.
  3. Zelmanov

1. I do not mind if this is relegated to a squad leader only thing, only available to the squad, or to the platoon if necessary (assign color specific indicators according to squad, match the squad colours) It will give Squad leader a bigger, more substantial roll, lets them assume more active positions and allow for dynamic decision making as opposed to "yeah, allatum is ours, lets roll to ceres"

2. Don't say "that's what TS/Mumble/VOIP" is for, it is just as useless as responding to "Who is flying" with "me" over voice, you use names or your squad # (alpha 1, bravo 6, etc) because those are things you can SEE on the map. "Come to alpha 6, I'm a medic" is much more useful than "Come to me, I'm a medic" Like wise, saying "Sundy, south wall, by SE turret" works, Why not jab a giant shiny needle for every bomber to see on top of it? Plus, it'd mean that we can give COD kiddies those lovely little objective markers for the to follow like in their linear campaigns.

3. Not necessary, but even make it so obeying orders gives a minor exp boost 5-10% for operating within or affecting anything within x meters of the giant needle (allows for snipers to benefit by picking off targets in that area). Makes it easier for pubbers to coorinate
  4. Zelmanov