Is the Razor GD a good carbine?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Adinatore, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Adinatore

I want to pick up a new carbine that's 500 certs or under but I'm not quite sure what to get. The AF Mercenary is a pretty good starting carbine but are there any rifles that are better within my price range? I currently love the look of the Razor GD but I'm not quite sure how it would handle with a 2x sight, a grip, a compensator, and high velocity ammo (if necessary). The trial of the gun went fairly well in a bio lab environment during a siege. Any recommendations?
  2. HeadshotVictim

I don't like Merc.
    Razor is what most people would call a good long range carbine.
    I got the AC-X11 and it is okay with adv. grip and compensator. (I wouldn't recommend HVA, since the additiona recoil is horrible compared to the effect)
    Gauss Compact S is a pretty nice all-round weapon. I'd recommend that one to be honest.
    I didn't like the Razor at all trying it in VR Training. But that is just one side. (I await wolfwood82 at this point.)
  3. Ghoest

I like it - I have been using it lately.

If you are in a position to reliably hit every shot - its not the best gun.
    If you are doing only CQC its not the best gun.

If you need a gun that make it easier to hit when ADS its a good gun.
    • Up x 2
  4. Judgeratt

Sometimes I use LA as a quasi-sniper, using odd attack angles at mid-ish range. I use the Razor for that, and I'm totally satisfied with it. Its decent hip fire is a perk you'll love when people come looking for you. My general-purpose and "tactical" loadouts use the Gauss S, but if it weren't for the underbarrel attachments I very well might use the razor for those too.
  5. CanadianAttackBeaver

If you like the Mercenary, you'll like the Razor; I find them very similar. I like the faster reload and bullet speed.
  6. Psykmoe

Razor is definitely a good gun, but I generally prefer the higher volume of fire from the Mercenary myself. Also, the Razor pulls to the right pretty noticeably compared to other NC carbines, which I found a little annoying. 560m/s velocity is pretty hard to beat though, if you're looking for ease of use at long range.

I kind of wish it had the Adv. Foregrip like the T5 AMC, which has about the same dps, more damage per mag, higher velocity and an easier recoil pattern. Roughly the same damage, better quality of life ;)
  7. ThundaHawkPS

If you learn to compensate the recoil it's probably the best long range carbine in the game. Can go toe to to with ARs at distance.\

Low DPS so it's bad up close.
  8. Ghoest

Since the last gun update, if you use a compensator and fore grip on the Razor the sideways pull is almost unnoticeable.
  9. Myrgatroid

IMO, it's best carbine in the game. I don't really care too much for all the math and stats, I prefer to use a gun and see how it feels ... Razor feels best to me.
  10. Nuubo

My thoughts exactly.

Plus, it is really similar to the default Gauss Riffle that I use on my Medic (both with 1x Reflex, Laser Sight and Flash Suppressor), so when I do switch classes, I dont have to get used to different recoil patterns/effective ranges/etc.
  11. Ryekir

I absolutely love my Razor. It's not only my favorite carbine, but my favorite gun in the entire game :)

I run it with a 2x Reflex, foregrip, and compensator. I used to use high-velocity ammo too, but after hearing some negative things about it recently, I stopped using it and honestly haven't even noticed a difference. With this setup, it's quite accurate out to a rather long range, and the reload speed is amazing!
  12. Kaidyn

The Razor is honestly a very good gun. That reload speed is one of it's major perks. The other is it's low recoil when certed up correctly! It's an absolute beast in medium range. Harder to use in close range but it's not bad overall. For it's price, it's definitely worth it (I got the gun when it used to cost 1000 certs...I don't regret it, but it certainly sucks to know they reduced the price).