Is the Nyx worth it?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ewokinarmor, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Erendil

The Nyx is my favorite weapon in the game (well, tied w/ the Eidolon). Get it. You will not be disappointed.
    • It kills in 2 headshots at any range, just like the Phantom.
    • High damage and decent hipfire (with Laser) make it a decent ghetto shotgun up close.
    • No bullet drop is actually useful on this weapon.
    • Effective range is 200m+
    • It's one of the quietest weapons in the game.
    • .25 ADS moving CoF means it's still accurate while strafing.
    Nyx vs Vandal:

Between the two I prefer the Nyx, because [faster bullet + no bullet drop + recoil that goes straight up + faster reloads + superior VS optics] > [.75x ADS + better hipfire + bigger mag].

The Vandal is slightly better for a more aggressive player from maybe 15-50m or so due to the .75x ADS movement. Beyond that the recoil pull to the left starts to affect it, and at the same time the Nyx's advantages start to shine through. And since the Nyx has recoil that goes straight up, they don't need a foregrip, so you can equip the laser sight and get better hipfire than a Vandal + grip while retaining the Nyx's long range superiority.

Nyx vs Phantom:

Between the two I choose the Nyx, because [Larger mag + faster scope-in time + faster reloads + lower vertical recoil + faster recoil recovery + MUCH better ADS moving CoF + MUCH better hipfire CoF + lower CoF Bloom + faster RoF + faster muzzle velocity] > [higher damage per shot/1 less shot to kill from 15-100m + tighter ADS CoF while standing still]

Seriously, the number of advantages the Nyx has over the Phantom is staggering. To me it's no contest. The only thing the Phantom has going for it is taking 1 less bullet to kill from 15-100m, so it's slightly better at killing at mid-range from a stationary position. But the Nyx shoots faster, recovers faster, is easier to use, lets you be more maneuverable, is more accurate in most situations, is more forgiving to the user (you basically have to stand still for the Phantom to retain much accuracy), etc.

Don't use a foregrip on the Nyx. It does basically nothing since the Nyx recoils straight up and its CoF recovers completely between shots. Stick with the laser. Suppressor is awesome w/ the Nyx, as are the 2x/3.4x/4x sights.
  2. pnkdth

As far as semi automatic rifles go the Nyx(and the other factions equals) are pretty good. Not a big fan though, and I am only using it every once in awhile to, eventually, get an auraxium on it. Prefer the Artemis for mid or a BASR at longer ranges. I would even pick the Phaseshift over the Nyx.
  3. Govedo13

So I trailed them all and Vandal looks superior, may be because the ADS bonus I dunno. What about the maximum effective range of the Artemis? As I got it from trial it is Pulsar LMG with 24 clip or it have better CoF then LMGs?
  4. TeknoBug

haha