Is the movement hack back in vogue?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nody, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Nody

It may be pure coincidence but I’ve seen a couple of very obvious movement hacks in the last couple of days on Miller. We’re talking about someone in an AMS making 50m jumps every 0.5s down the road going between stations or going directly AMS -> Generator -> doing a 100m circle sweep around the building in 20m intervals in 5s kind of obvious. Before the “you’re lagging/they are lagging” comes into it I was not lagging (40ms), it was a 12 vs 12 fight with 3 players on each side. As they were friendly I had no issue with getting updates on their movement on the map warping about 30 times as far as what I’d see in a 48 vs. 48 battle and they simply appeared at the generator twice (I was watching the stairs and they did not come up that way) in 5s doing their sweep.

Is it simply statistics or are people seeing more of this style of cheating as well lately? And yes before you ask; they were reported in game (what surprised me was that the last one was BR56 in an outfit).
  2. Murx

Miller? Definetely yes, atm. I am there and it is often, really often pretty weird. I am sure it is to get the rewards from directives very quick and at once an anger attitude to the horrible ping status after merge. With all the technical issues one can hide the forbidden stuff pretty well.

Give them some weeks and it will be solved again. My opinion
  3. Goretzu

It's hard to tell.

I know what you've seen because I've seen it too (and it looks more like a speed hack than a server/lag issue), however the server is just so plain broken at the moment that it might well just be that.

So it could be people using the server issues to camoflarge other stuff, or it could be the server issues themselves...... it's proably impossible to say.
  4. Simferion

I'm seeing a lot of strange things. While the 99% are servers' problems or so, I have the suspicion the remaining 1% is not.
  5. WUNDER8AR

I just yesterday saw some sort of speedhack on a player who was teleporting back and forth, clipping through the floor etc. while killing loads of players so yes. It was one of the few occasions where I encountered obvious cheat stuff going on though. Most of the time it is lag or packet loss rather that makes players look like they're cheating
  6. Nexus545

It may be people are using the server issues to take advantage of some hacks but I've yet to see someone I think is actually hacking.

On the other hand I noticed last night that the "prop bug" as I'm calling it seems to be back. Basically it's when a game prop like a wall or rock doesn't load on one persons client. This means that on other peoples screens that person walks through the wall and even can shoot through it. It's not specifically cheating, especially since sometimes you might not even know a wall is supposed to be there but it does get a few "WTF"s. I've yet to see it happen but if this happened in a biolab it would be Christmas for 1 person.