Is the final rank of the shield device worth the cost?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by DarkStarII, Jun 24, 2016.

1. DarkStarII

Pretty much the title, is it worth 1000 certs?
  2. DarkStarII

Well I bought it. It seems much larger and maybe a bit faster, not entirely sure though.
  3. Dualice

I do believe the last rank gives a larger increment, to range at least, than the previous ones. Can't remember specifically without checking though.

*EDIT* Wiki confirms a 1m increase in bubble's radius on last rank, instead of the 0.5m on previous ranks,
    • Up x 1
  4. Crayv

It is a rather noticeable difference on size and I believe it will take priority over any other lower tank ones since it is the highest rank. So I would say yes, especially if you play medic a lot.
  5. Mefi

Depends.
    + It guarantees that you will receive xp for any damaged ally in its AOE since the last rank has the highest priority, no more losing xp because someone has a better bubble.
    + It's a pretty big range boost.
    - But it costs a lot, it took me quite a while to get enough xp to justify spending 1000 certs on it.

It's a good investment for players maining Medic class but not optimal for anyone else.
  6. Drunk

Mandatory if you play medic as your main class or if you want the ability to grind some certs in large infantry fights.
    • Up x 1
  7. Moz

You need it! It will pay for itself in no time!! :D
  8. DarkStarII

A bit late, I've had it for a while now :p
  9. Dualice

At least it causes less FPS drops now.

Or so I hear - I haven't logged in since they changed it.
  10. DarkStarII

My FPS was never really affected by it so I can't say. However, I find it really annoying to figure out how large the field is.
  11. Moz

Its not worth using UNLESS you have the last rank IMO.
    • Up x 1