Is "Recursion" allowed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, May 20, 2017.

1. Zagareth

The 3rd party software Recursion seem to be quite popular among all players. Mostly because of the stats tracking, but also due to the crosshair overlay, which can be a pretty advantage over normal users. (Well, putting a transparent tape with a crosshair on the screen has the same effect...)

So I'm wondering if it is officially allowed or just tolerated as long as it doesn't violate BE rules. Is it still working?

Anyone?
  2. breeje

Recursion is allowed but crosshair overlays are tolerated
    now Recursion didn't start out with crosshair overlays but where added my mods made by other Recursion users
    hard to install and often not working, lot of other 3rd party software was also used for crosshair overlays
    so i guess Recursion made a mod of there own and PS2 allowed it in a tolerated condition to make it somewhat fair to use for everyone and don't needed to fight of all that other 3rd party software out there
    cause it was moping with the tap open

now can you use it? yes i use it for over a year now and i am still playing this game
    but he, you never know what will happen tomorrow
    some dev's did say it's oke to use but there has not been a official statement about the crosshair overlays
  3. DeadlyOmen

My monitor offers the option of putting a crosshair on the screen. It can't be stopped.
    • Up x 1
  4. IcEzEbRa

I read here, about 2 years ago {but that was SOE} that Tracker was officially ok. That the "center of screen" overlay was ok, and would be simply removed if ever required. And you have to try the "gamers poop" voice pack.
  5. Rydenan

Unless there's an anti-cheat that stops players from putting a piece of stickynote in the middle of their screens, banning crosshair overlays makes no sense.
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

Having a dot in the middle of your screen is obviously cheating.
  7. No0T

If the game has a particular cross hair implementation believe me is for a reason... Most people that enters the game can take years into knowing or even caring enough to change it using an ALLOVVED program and you definitely hold and advantage..

Sorry matte but you don't understand vvhy an advantage makes you just lie to yourself vvhile keeping to the game's rules makes you self improve.

Do you knovv anything about the psychological studies that lead to the discovery of visual skills developed in games that can actually be applied and ARE ActuallY being applied to real life scenarios?

Let me just give you one little example, a person playing casually FPS games can hold attention on the position of up to 9 cars surrounding you vvhile driving vvhile a person that doesnt can only do this vvith 2 or 3. VVho do you think vvill probably survive longer in the novv days ever-changing traffic situation vvhere a simple mistake vvhile moving a muscle of any of the entire group of people driving in your vvay can kill several individuals.

Having that in mind, and the million sports men played through the years for no other reason that the billion years subconscious mind segregating endorfine since such activities lead to survival of the species... You should reconsider vvhat you doing and vvhy.
  8. breeje

i can agree with you up to some level
    yes i use a crosshair in the game but only cause it's unofficial allowed
    if DBG says tomorrow, official it's not allowed then i remove it
    now over half the players run with a crosshair, i use it to be competitive and advise everyone to use a crosshair so it's fair for everyone
    we are almost forced to use a crosshair in the game cause a crosshair is not a cheat in PS2 as long it's allowed, and PS2 is the only game i use a crosshair for

now for the recoil macro, i don't use it cause i know it's not allowed in PS2
    if DBG says otherwise, i install it without blinking just to have the same advantage as the other players

but i still agree with you, DBG needs to make a official statement against the crosshair and all other enhancing software/hardware
    sorry that i made you puke :oops:
  9. DIGGSAN0

• Up x 1
  10. PanzerGoddess

.........I don't use any macro or any mod of any sort and do just fine and have a good time already, tbh too lazy to make any changes, new pc too so 4k ultra all the way, its BEAUTIFUL! And to have DBG against these things lol, clearly doing that would put ps2 on the same level of just about every other fps game out there, but hey its DBG and PS2, some rules apply the rest are apparently tolerated :rolleyes:.

The day PS2 gets a chance to be competitive and become part of something great like EA Sports or any league style setting, everything that we are allowed to do...aka tolerated will become nothing more than a remnant of the past. Any player who thinks they are on the professional level knows better than to use any macro or script of any sort, unless this game is just a front for having fun, the only thing any overlay, ahk script, macro, graphic tampering does is crutch your skills as an actual player.

This game was never intended to be at the same level as other games, its fun, enjoyable and a fps on a massive scale, for me a bucket full of shenanigans and trolling, I mean hey it gets my rocks off so why not. If its allowed use it, that's what I say. To each their own. I've been in outfits where scripting and macros were somehow a must, reasons why, well who can say really, reasons why I never get along with command are certain outfits :cool: But when devs are perfectly ok with such nonsense as macros, etc - well then I guess its open season lol. Basically if the all mightys don't care than why should you. I mean I use everything this game offers in game to help strategize my gameplay, like adad, head bobbing, stuff like looking down and away, bunny hopping, ya know the normal stuff everyone uses right :):D

Trolls be Trolls, my category, that's right I said it, feed me my puppets.
  11. BartasRS

So your "w" key vvorks anyway, huh?
    • Up x 1
  12. Zagareth

WOW
    Never seen someone "building a bridge" from "a simple dot on the screen" to the "survival of the species" :D

So having a simple dot on the screen is the first step into doom? :eek: