Is Raptr an approved program?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RomulusX, Sep 22, 2014.

1. RomulusX

I just had my computer reformated, and when I booted up Planetside there was some gaming program overlay called Raptr. Will this flag me for cheating? I've never heard of the program and not even sure what it does. I logged in to the character screen, but not any farther than that as I don't want to get banned. Anyone know about this program? I'll probably end up uninstalling it regardless.
  2. GlueHead

I have a friend who used it for about 1 year and he haven't got banned at least. :)
  3. baka

Wait -- you just had someone else reformat and reinstall your system... and THEY installed Raptr? Without your permission? I wonder what else they installed.....
    Anyhow, there are several overlay programs out there, all of which should be completely legitimate since they do not change the game files at all. PlayClaw and MSI Afterburner come to mind. TeamSpeak and Mumble have overlays as well.
    Raptr is a social networking program and seems to require a registration - if you did not register it, someone else did. Raptr has a store where you use points earned while playing with their program running. Again, if you did not register for this, someone else did and THEY are accruing the points while you play.
    Look around the interface and see if there is account information - from the screen shot it is up in the right corner. Either create your own account and log in with that instead, or uninstall Raptr.
    • Up x 2
  4. RomulusX

Thanks for the heads up!
  5. tigerchips

Raptr is fine yes, a different version of it is installed by AMD called Gaming Evolved. If it's called that then it's been installed as part of the AMD Catalyst package. If not, someone has downloaded it from their website.