Is Planetside supposed to be this bright?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Jan 12, 2014.

1. FieldMarshall

I have the gamma set to 0. Is it like this for everyone or is it just my monitor or something.

[IMG]
  2. Xasapis

Have you tried raising the graphical fidelity? Do you have the same issue if you do so?
  3. Axehilt

(Screenshots don't really show us what it's like on your monitor. They show us our monitors' personal interpretation of the raw image.)

That said, the raw image is too bright and you should clearly tone down gamma or contrast (no expert on which one) until it looks right to you.

Unless this is subtle commentary that this is what players do when night-time is really dark on a continent, in which case: CARRY ON!
    • Up x 3
  4. Pikachu

Looks like everything is overly bright and you got the sky from Esamir. :D
    • Up x 3
  5. FieldMarshall

I set everything to Ultra and it appears to be fixed. I guess its a problem with playing on low? Oh well.

[IMG]
  6. SevenTwo

From my experience, if you turn shadows off and lighting to worst quality on Low Graphics settings everything looks really, really bright.

You could probably fix the brightness with some GFX card gamma settings set specifically to be applied running the game, if the ingame option doesn't quite do the job.
    • Up x 1
  7. RasFW

This happens to me when I transfer from Esamir to Indar. Everything becomes super-bright for a while.
    • Up x 1
  8. Elrobochanco

As mentioned but maybe not super specifically, it's a bug. Sometimes switching continents gives you the skybox from the last one you are on, which includes the environment fog (or lack of it) and brightness. Zone back and forth between continents or try different graphic qualities.
    • Up x 3
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Yep. I had Esamir's Snowblind effect on Amerish throughout as alert a couple days ago.

That said, I recently put the brightness back to default and wound up adjusting my monitor for it. Everything actually looks better that way.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nexus545

Looks a little bright but don't complain if you're not playing on very low/low settings you wont see much at night with normal brightness.
  11. FateJH

My new goal: keep switching continents until I get an aurora on Indar.
    • Up x 1
  12. Torok

This ^ ^ ^
    • Up x 1
  13. FieldMarshall

All these posts are super helpful. Thanks again.
  14. Pikachu

Here is also bright Indar. :D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. Pikachu

I'm all about trying to replicate this bug. :D See my thread here.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...he-sky-lighting-bug-make-it-a-feature.166457/

You mean like this? :)
    [IMG]

Aurora on Amerish.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  16. stalkish

now that the amerish day/night cycle is opposite to indar, i wonder if it would be possible to get it to be daytime when infact it is night time?
  17. Goretzu

Looks a bit bright, but Indar is quite bright at times.
  18. Pikachu

I wonder this too. One time I got Indar night on Amerish but after 10min it flipped back to normal Amerish day time. I got Esamir day on Amerish once and it lasted long time. I don't know what time it should have been there.
  19. stalkish

Can you do the /time command from PS1, last time i checked it did nothing, was good in PS1 because it gave you earth time (your computers time) and Auraxis time. Would be a good feature in this game so youd know how long till night time.
  20. Gheeta

There is a new bug which causes you to have esamir lighting in indar, this happens when swapping continents from esamir to indar.