Is Manticor Automatic?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Comradical, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Comradical

After getting gunned down by TR infiltrators who may as well have an assault rifle in their hands, I want to know if I can ever look forward to a rapid fire pistol, or if I should save up for a sniper rifle that can actually kill someone.
  2. Opapanax

LoL.. No, but it is pretty nice tho..
  3. Comradical

But I need an automatic side arm, why oh why would they give an assault rifle cloaked as a pistol to one faction but not all three?
  4. Elky

You're confused, Manticore is a vanu weapon, TX1 Repeater is a terran weapon. The manticore has a ROF of 349 rpm... same as the Mag-Shot that the NC's have.... Terrans is 845 rpm and kills people instantly. Why do the terran have the fastest automatic weapon in the game as a side arm, no one knows. I hear a lot of the devs play terran.
  5. Sphinx

yeah I hate facing a TR infil and he pulls out that OP pistol agains my little manticore. I shoot twice (and of course does almost no dmg , thanks vanu pistols..) and he kills me in no-time
  6. Benevon

Personally, if I had known NC started with a bolt action rifle and I haven't spent so much time on my TR, I'd prefer the mag pistol over our Repeater. It's only three round bursts with lower damage per shot. Though admittedly I need more practice with my pistol.
  7. Comradical

But I get gunned down rapid fire by one of the TR pistols, like it's full auto. Maybe some people just have a rapid fire macro... Maybe I should get one.
  8. J.hendy

you don't need a macro you just tap left mouse button rapidly and let the three round burst do the rest