Is it worth buying guns for the medic?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Lethul, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Lethul

is it? i play as a support medic (heal and res all day) and this causes me to neglect my gun upgrades. i am saving up for the grip because when i do run into some action i miss half my shots because of the ****** recoil. apart from buying a scope and grip did any1 with decent certs invested in the medic find any benefit in buying a new gun or buying a suppressor or anything?
  2. robosaurus

buy an HC/IR (or whatever they're called) scope, and while aiming down sights, drag your mouse down. after a couple of times (practice shooting at lights while capping an uncontested point or something) you won't notice any recoil.
  3. RayDrazon

From what I heard, the Stock Combat Medic gun is the best. Also, I equipped the Laser Pointer thingy that someone recommended to me; helps out a lot with accuracy why not aimed.
  4. MaddBomber

This, and This.

I bought the cycler s variant for the under barrel smoke launcher as well.

This scope will allow you to see infils as well, and since you suck at aiming, it reduces a lot of distraction (they have outlines now) so it is easier to see what you are shooting.
  5. LordBelak(!)

The cylcer TRV is the best medic gun. Good, accuracy, firing rate, damage, and has access to the advanced laser sight which makes hip firing as accurate as with a magshot.
  6. h1perkarma

Sabr13 + HC/IR = ezezezez + advanced grip + high velocity ammo = ezezezezz.

[IMG]

klin'n'izi frags my friend.
  7. IshanDeston

If you want you can get the one gun that gives you access to the granade launcher, its smoke granade is quite useful, but thats about it. I personally consider it to situational and wouldn't want to miss the forgrip on my NC Stock rifle, so i'll pass on that one.

As far as supressor goes. Its on my list, but low priority. I rather get it on my hand gun. And when i stealth kill, i use my knife (like a good surgeon)
  8. Pyros

Does depend on your faction, but on TR the Foregrip is useless on most of the assault rifles, I think the only one it works on is the Cycler TRV which pulls to the left. If your weapon only has vertical recoil, foregrip does nothing.

Underbarrel grenade launcher is insanely powerful though, even with all the bugs. I don't mean smoke, which is alright but not great, but the normal grenade launcher. It's a one hit kill on everything that doesn't have a decent amount of flak or nanoweave(or HA shield). Even if they don't die instantly, switching to the weapon is faster than a normal weapon switch and all it takes is one bullet to finish them. It's great when you know you want a lot of stopping power to clear an objective room and you know someone is there. It also does like 40-50%dmg to MAXes on direct hits and will kill an engineer manning a turret instantly as long as you hit the turret.

The differences in TTK and accuracy and such are fairly small between each guns, however the underbarrel grenade launcher makes a huge difference. Oh it also dmg vehicles, but it's fairly small dmg. You can however finish a burning vehicle with a shot to the back armor, especially lightnings. Good with C4 if you don't want to use 2.
  9. Haterade

If you're running TR, the Cycler is a good rifle in most situations. I've been rocking the NS-A11, and it's a very good medium-range weapon. Just pay attention to the range of your standard engagement. I use the A11 when I'm taking down targets at longer distances, but its slower ROF ***** it a bit in CQC. So, roll the Cycler when assaulting bases such as towers and whatnot; things which are CQC-oriented.

You have more than one loadout tab for a reason. Use them.
  10. Melchio

VS wise the HV45 is a beast... reflex sight or IR/NV and it rocks close quarters... the CME is apparently the best long range one
    that being said base rifle is best all around...