Is it fixed, the video capture has exceeded memory limit?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by GrandRise, May 30, 2013.

1. GrandRise

I've searched for threads about the solution for the "video capture has exceeded memory limit" problem in Planetside 2 in game, and no solutions available. Can anyone provide solutions for this?
  2. Entomorph

The only solution I have is to use an external recording program like MSI Afterburner (Free), or Bandicam (Not Free).
  3. GrandRise

Yes, I've read that solution.. I hope someone could fix the ingame bug or something without using the external program...
  4. Entomorph

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for the in game video capture. Hopefully somebody else who does will come along before long. Good luck ;)
  5. MacG32

I'd suggest Open Broadcaster Software. It's free, pretty easy to set up, and you can also stream with it.

Click Settings... | Broadcast Settings | Change Mode: to File Output Only. Run PS2, minimize it, open OBS, right click Sources: box, Add | Game Capture, name it, OK, under Application: select PS2, OK, click Preview Stream, maximize and minimize PS2 again, and it will show a still image in the preview window. Click Stop Preview, click Start Streaming, play some, click Stop Streaming, and check the video.

The in game video capture is fairly limited.