Is having points capped by cloaked infiltrators bothering anyone else?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killuminati C, Mar 17, 2014.

1. NC_agent00kevin

Irritating tactical strategy
  2. DFDelta

Yesterday I got really lucky and got one of those guys sitting on the point on my first try.

It was on the point of a Biolab A, the small L-room with 2 stairs in it and 1 or 2 doors to a balcony directly next to the spawn. Came in via the balcony (LA) after it started blinking on the map, saw no one in the room and so I ran at the point, jumped and knifed the air above it. Headshot kill.

He sent me a /tell with "What...... I don't even......"
    I was laughing so hard I had to sit in spawn for a minute to catch my breath.
  3. Paleron

@DFDelta, Keep us on our toes.
  4. Tuco

strat·e·gy
    ˈstratəjē/
    noun
    noun: strategy; plural noun: strategies
    1. 1.
      a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
      "time to develop a coherent economic strategy"
      synonyms: master plan, grand design, game plan, plan (of action), action plan, policy, program;More
  5. Meeka

Actually, most of what you are experiencing is a bug; where points flip without anyone being at the cap point at all.

Once the cap starts flipping at the next base, an infiltrator can do nothing at the previous one.
    • Up x 1
  6. Drex

I for one am enjoying this new inf role
    • Up x 1
  7. Zorlox

as mentioned, the majority of the time, it's one of the bugs that they are currently working on and hopefully fix by early next week if not tonight. caps being magically converted without anyone nearby that is.
  8. Chinchy

Oh no whatever shall I do without my Jump Jets while I'm capturing a point :rolleyes:
  9. DashRendar

I'm no good at it, same with LA, but I appreciate that it's there and I would be very sad if it got nerfed because IMO it's improved the game.
  10. Killuminati C

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I've been playing since launch and contrary to some posts on here I understand what a counter is. I've got the darklight to check corners and hard to reach places and use recon darts when the situation warrants.

And thanks to everyone who didn't reply in a sarcastic "L2P" manner so typical of these forums, you know who you are. This really was as stated, not a nerf inf's thread.

I was really surprised to find that so many really saw this as a primary role of the infiltrator since stalker is such a recent addition.
  11. Brewery

You can fly around the cap point and complain you can't ADS. :D