Is Continent Locking rigged?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Morchai, Jul 14, 2014.

1. volth

They was diffrent but not after CL now its the same sort of games with map rotation. Or its more like PS2 isnt open world game anymore its more like a COD game there you have no controll where you play or against how much oponents you play against. Before CL you could get small fights, medium fights and Zerg now its almost only Zergs.
    • Up x 1
  2. Elrobochanco

It's rigged in the sense that players who are able to lock a continent will lock whatever one they don't want to play on as fast as possible so they can then enjoy the ones they do.

Indar is nice enough but overstayed its welcome. It should be perma-locked until we get some form of continental lattice.
    • Up x 2
  3. JesusVoxel

What exactly makes other maps boring? Ain't playing just one map (Indar) all the time make the whole gaming experience boring? I like parts of Indar, but the base design is so awful and it's been overplayed to a point that I remember most base layouts when I hear the base name.
    • Up x 1
  4. volth

No before it was my choice if i change map but now its the game's choice when I shall change map. So before patch it was fun to go to Amerish and Esamir when i played infiltrator. And then i could go back to Indar and look if it was something fun there and then go back to Amerish and capture some more bases or defend one base. Now Ceres only have 1 map and thats Hossin because its new and you cant lock it with Alerts so i can go to one Empty map there no one going to attack me because all queue's for Hossin. Or play on Hossin there its only Zergs.
    Or log off.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

6. kirinohana

I highly doubt the system is rigged, but I do have to say the alerts associated with cont locking can be pretty stupid.

I saw an alert appear on Amerish, when the alert started NC had 92% of Amerish captured and a couple territories already halfway captured. So guess who won that alert? I mean really why would an alert start like that?

The alert and mission system are still extremely lacking.
  7. St0mpy

The alert system only triggers when certain parameters are satisfied, if there is one side dominating I would suggest that made the areas too far unbalanced for the alert conditions to be fulfilled to trigger them.
    • Up x 1
  8. volth

9. BillHaverchuck

The only problem with continent lockin is that Hossin is Excluded from alerts. I had enough Hossin let all the maps rotate.
  10. Durwyn

I think they will allow Alerts on Hossin, when the new version of alerts is ready. Which is supposed to be by the end of this month. Hang on! ;)
    • Up x 1