Is anything being done about NC maxes and Zoe Maxes?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by xThundergodx, Jul 31, 2013.

1. theholeyone

ZOE max is fine, it now works as intended:
    Running around buildings to get into a better position, ZOE on.
    Taking fire, ZOE off.
    Point defense, ZOE on until you start taking fire.
    Notice how it is not actually a combat ability?

Oh, and if any max is chasing you down, slap C4 to a wall as you run around a corner and wait :D
  2. Bape

Okay the whole bull where you guys say once you see a NC max you will run? But do you guys run AWAY? or do you guys run until you hit about 12m then turn around and make that NC max your *****?.

ANY max you encounter you will run the only difference here is the VS/TR will make you run to about 25m while the NC max will only make you run to about 12m. This whole "NC max is the only max that you will run away" is a lie I never ran from a NC max on my VS alt because It **** at range even with slugs while the VS max you have to run from him in close-medium range situations.

NC maxes need their shotguns removed and given a gauss type weapon enough of this crap.
    • Up x 2
  3. Patrician

Way to go finding a video from January before the NC Max nerfs; also that player was using slugs and most certainly was not "sniping".
  4. Patrician

And both your AI Max's take only .3 of a second longer to take down infantry at less than 10 metres! .3 of a second in real world usage is effectivly zero difference.
    • Up x 1
  5. Patrician

Both VS and TR AI Max's can take down a NC AI Max in CQC; if any of the NC Max's shot miss we need to reload, a 5 second reload, to complete the job. You guys then take us down; agreed it used to be NC Max's every time, but one NC AI Max nerf and two shotgun nerfs have made it much nearer to a 50/50 outcome.
  6. The King

I run from any MAX while inside a building until I leave it and a few meters away to turn around. Unless the MAX is chasing or firing at someone else. I will just unload at them. If I know I am going to die, I will just fire at the heads.. Usually, on any ZOE MAX, I can get their health down to 1/2 life + 1 bar before I die.
    Usually, once they leave a room, they die.
    The thing with a ZOE MAX, they will leave that room being all cocky and shiz, and then they die, while the others who stay in their room, live longer.
  7. Purg

Where one can employ tactical nades and render that MAX in the room completely useless? Multiple entrances that allow any number of classes with C4 to take you down? Yes, I've noticed that - largely why I'm not the dopey NC MAX sitting in a small building waiting for someone with half a clue to snot me.
  8. ReformerTR

Just play to your empire specific abilities:

TR- stay at range
    NC- up close and personal
    VS- Marching for gay pride
    • Up x 1
  9. PastalavistaBB

Yesterday I encountered 2 ZOE Maxes. I couldn't hit the damn thing with the rocket launcher in the same room, it was dancing around faster than an infantry. (VS fanboys will now reply "You just suck". I couldn't care less about them.)
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

On my server, then again the TR have a high % of organised outfits on my server.

Not to mention there's on specific TR outfit which uses them a lot, and they only ever use anything if it is borderline OP. :)

Also C4? Both TR and VS have a much better chance of brining down a LA floater than a NC AI MAX due to range, this is why the NC AI MAX death per hour has always been much higher than TR or VS deaths per hour.
  11. SolidSnake

Could have said the same about NC Maxes pre-nerf, still didn't stop the tidal waves of whining begging for nerfs.
  12. SolidSnake

Try to make some sense on your post next time. If I'm deciphering your gibberish correctly, NC Maxes run in hordes all over Indar huh? wow, locking down spawn rooms all over the continent too, outstanding, please show us video of these masses of NC Maxes next time. SOE keeps nerfing shotguns 'cause even they realize pump action shottys were too powerful and they threw the NC Max under the bus with them, twice. Fine, nerf shotguns but give us something we can use in their place. Instead of trying to make all Max weapons have same TTK, and still leaving Scatmaxes with the same crappy range.

Why exactly is being able to spam Scattercannons, a good thing? so what if I can empty multiple clips at infantry 30m away and NOT kill them? does that make it all ok? Have you tried using slug ammo with Scattercannons? they randomly hit anywhere within the the reticle ( + ) even if you have the crosshair (in this case the + sign) dead on your target, the slugs will hit any random spot within the ( ) area. Even within 10m there's good chances to miss your target entirely so there really is no point to equip slug ammo and **** yourself at ALL ranges.
  13. SolidSnake

I see your demoralizing and raise you something even more demoralizinga. Spending all those resources on an NC Max, just to have a horde of infantry send a hailstorm of small arms fire your way and not be able to kill a single one. Yeah you can put up your shield to buy you 5 more seconds of life, wooptydoo, you'll still die when the shield goes down AND you won't have made any progress movement wise or killed anyone for that matter.

At least with ZOE you can run, yes RUN, not inch your way to cover like with the Aegis shield. Much easier to hit an NC Max with rockets than a ZOE Max zooming around all over the place, specially when you have a glowing blue target to aim for like the shield. Couple of rocket hits, there goes your shield, now you have nothing to protect you and what did you gain by using that? were you able to close the gap between you and your target? no not really since your movement is reduced to crap. Just delayed the inevitable by a few seconds.
    • Up x 1
  14. SolidSnake

That's cute. Can you promise me that my targets will be standing still shooting at other people whenever I use my Max? yes? awesome.

Look at the video at 1:19, look how far you are from that HA and how the Max misses about 6 shots in a row on the FIRST guy that was facing him then proceeds to get blasted by a rocket. Had he not used charge, the HA could have killed him 1 on 1.
  15. Spude

i lost 1v1 with my 2x mutilators and rank 3 lockdown ( 30+ RaF) to an max that came out of spawn room and just unloaded all the hacksaw pellets to my face, i died within 2seconds.

We both reacted the same time i shot ALOT of bullets to him and only got him to 50% hp and after he killed me he just casually walked back in the spawn.

If TR AI Max cant win 1v1 with hacksaw max while in LOCKDOWN i dont think i can win him without lockdown neither.
    • Up x 1
  16. Bine

Hey, my Fractures say hello! Some of the best MAX runs i have had have been with Fractures.
  17. Spude

Then u havent used 2x comets+zoe. . .

You can solo tanks with em b4 they can even react
    • Up x 1
  18. Patrician

Leaving aside the question of how you let him get that close if you saw him coming from the spawn room, but if you did, your weapons distance advantage should have had him down to 50% health before he even got to within his optimum range,

Excepting very specific encounters where surprise counts a lot towards the final result, VS/TR Max's TTK is .3 of a second more than a Scatter Max; just .3 of a second, so small as to be non-existent in real world terms.
  19. Kulantan

NC MAXs have considerably higher DPS when firing than either VS or TR MAXs. However the damage per clip is low enough that without extended mags or Grinders NC MAXs have to do a reload to kill another MAX even when landing all shots at the closest range. The reload takes long enough that the VS/TR MAX can easily wipe the floor with the NC MAX. The guy you went up against must of had Grinders or extended mags. If you had kinetic 5 then even Grinders with extended mags are unlikely to have killed you. The problem with the NC MAX at the moment is that its DPS is too high if you're facing it but its mag size is too small if you're using it.
    • Up x 1
  20. ComradeHavoc

IF IT'S THAT GOOD WHY DON'T WE TRADE ZOE FOR IT!? I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT IT'S A CRAP ABILITY. In class discussion. there's a thread,"NC max Dash or Aegis Shield?" guess what 99% of all people chose, DASH.

People like you piss me off, I think we can all say that ZOE is the BEST max ability. You act as if it's easy to take down a ZOE max. You act as if Zoe has a cool-down and can't be switched off at a whim, you act as if the Zoe max can't outrun infantry.

Most people can't rap their head around the idea that ALL maxes from EVERY empire has a ridiculously close TTK with AI weapons. The difference is that the NC max has limited range, Micro mags, and long reloads, they have a glitchy ES ability. I have Aegis shield 4, and often C4 splash damage, and rocket splash damage goes through the shield and hits me. Also enemies can just run through the shield, I can't recall how many times I had to reload, put up my sheild and just have an enemy player with a rocket launcher go in the shield and take me down. I can't melee or run with the shield. and theirs a solid 2 seconds for the shield to go down.
    • Up x 1