Invisible people.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Feb 13, 2014.

1. MurderBunneh

Getting killed by invisible people ruins the game for me. Have fun with it. I'll check back in a couple months.
    • Up x 2
  2. Chipay

/ragequit

No really, how do you expect the devs to "fix" this "issue" when you're not telling them what exactly is wrong, how it is wrong, how it should be fixed etc etc?
    • Up x 4
  3. ZephyrBurst

It's the first day of a new toy. Give it a week when the Amerish update comes out. People will go back to normal then.
    • Up x 1
  4. Nailhimself

They're called "infiltrators".
    • Up x 2
  5. SnatchMaster

I have to admit. I should have marked the infiltrator patch on my calendar and made a note to avoid it for a month solid.

Sooooooo many stealth smgs and semi auto spammers running around, and its really soiling the infantry combat which is what I play the most. Might be a good time to walk away from the game for a bit.
  6. Thor04

That doesn't say invisible -.-
    • Up x 1
  7. ironeddie

I play on ultra and infiltrators are still visible all be it harder to see. Sure if your playing on low you can't see infiltrators at all. But clearly the devs can't make cloak appear the same on all system specs.

Anyway just use darklight. In my quick play I killed a guy. The medic who went to rez him. And I got taken out the the guy who came to find me with darklight.
  8. NinjaTurtle

The cloak is the only class ability in the game with a direct counter to it.

Also Infiltrator has received so many nerfs over the last year that one small buff is hardly game breaking and it actually gives them a really good "infiltration" tool.

If you are constantly getting killed by "invisible" people you are doing something wrong because they are still visible, the cloak still makes a stupid amount of noise, you can hear footprints, they till show on radar and you have a direct counter to their ability...... maybe we should arm them with a feather duster, maybe that will make you happy?
    • Up x 2
  9. MurderBunneh

Lol it is stupid easy to flank in this game. Add a stealth ability to that and the ability to kill someone before they can react it is annoying.

I'm not going to argue that my opinion is correct it is just that MY OPINION.

Getting sniped and shot in the back is not fun. End of story. I won't be playing anymore. Till PS4 release and everybody is on the same settings and they can balance cloak.
    • Up x 1
  10. AzureKnight

Well, assuming you mean the new hunter cloak, if you die in an area, get the Darklight attachment and you can spot said infiltrators if you know their rough locations. They won't move because that let's them be visible. In all reality, they're not a problem since they are extremely limited in mobility and if there's any more than two people, a smart one's not going to decloak.

If you mean where they run up while cloaked and shoot you before de-cloaking, that's a latency issue I believe, or some kind of issue where your side isn't registering that they already de-cloaked.
  11. ZeroErrorz

or you mean god mode hacker, met them before emptied a full gr-22 mag in the face at pointblank, yet he killed me with a beamer
  12. Nailhimself

oook, I´ve seen one of those invisible people.
    It was not one of these "oh, that was a bit unrealistic. I think he is hacking" moments.

I was in Andvari Biolab in the generator room. No fight going on, no enemy horde approaching. Biolab and all outposts were safe.

But then I heard a NC weapon firing in the room and saw shots coming out of nowhere. I even saw a blue-dot on the map. But no enemy in sight. I didn´t get hit for the first few minutes so I thought there is just some NC bugged in the wall and can´t get out. I was about to investigate the scene when Dr. Watson... I mean some random VS guy was shot directly in front of the generator. After I saw some randomly flying bullets he shot me. Well, I reported him aaand I recorded it!

I will upload the video when I´m home from work.
  13. Gustavo M

@OP, here's a fix for you.
    Grab a tank, get where the invisible man is, shoot his face. Repeat.
    If enemy tank appears and outplays you, switch to ESF, shoot both tank and invisible man's back. Repeat.
    If enemy ESF appears and outplays you, switch to MAX, shoot everyone in the face. Repeat.
    If enemy MAX appears and outplays you, call your outfit/buttbuddies in. Shoot everyone in the face (except friendlies). Repeat.
    If enemy zerg appears and hue you and your pals...
    ...just switch to another hex/continent.
  14. SidCom

now seriously.. I ve "seen" this issue with the invisibilty right out of my 1. person perspective, means I seemed to be invisible for a short time.. (as LA) enemies running past/through me in their FOV and they dont see me. (But to bad, not very often. I cannot rely on it)
    I not using ANY cheats. Maybe some netcode/client bug.. I also get shot by invisible people occasionly.

Just make a test: during a big fight or in a zerg, say 80+ player in a small area, just stand on a save place an look at different avatars. Some of them will pop-in and pop-out occasionly.

Edit: nevertheless, there is also 3. party soft for persistent full invisibility for ALL classes...
  15. Pirbi

Bad lag will cause goofy things. I had it in a biolab where it looked like I was watching a poorly made flip book. Have no idea how I looked to others as that was happening. Did fire a shot and killed a guy. The game took forever for it to tell me I killed them. I thought i had disconnected before it did that. I also died just as randomly.
  16. Plunutsud pls

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Aegie

Not saying OP, but invisibility is the ability for cheese. Any time you make a class that is more or less designed around the gank you should be prepared for it to be *sigh* for a lot of people.

Stalker may not be "OMG my killstreak" but I do chuckle when I read the "you cannot kill tons of people because no primary" because yeah, no huge kill streak, but you do get the first one pretty much for free.
  18. z1967

I think they attempted to make cloak less visible because I am straining to see them (Infiltrators) on medium settings. And when I use stalker and cloak my gun/arm eventually becomes entirely invisible on my screen. Motion sensor is also great for sitting on C point at the ascent and just commie killing or using the TX2.

Actually, lets dedicate an entire paragraph to my findings with the motion sensor. First off, you can place this just about everywhere. It does not appear on the map for hostiles and autospots enemies. it lasts for a long time, making it perfect for stalkers waiting near gens and points. It is also useful for snipers as it prevents anyone from sneaking up on you (provided they are within range of the sensor). Overall, it should be something any infiltrator should want to start to cert into at least for the first level. It's major downside is at the lack of an ability to resupply from ammo packs, which makes extended lives a bit more pressed in their use of these.

P.S. I hope you are referring to infiltrators and not hackers. Infiltrator cloak has always been buggy at best.
  19. Pootisman

Im sure there is a way to make infiltrator cloak visible on all graphic settings. In other games you have cloaking ability too and it has the same visibility on all graphic settings. SOE devs apparently dont care about this fundamental balance problem, because it is in the game for ages (since launch?).
  20. Zurhidon

I believe that it does appear on the map for hostiles, but for some reason people just don't care/see it. Fortunately, I can still count on one hand how many times I've seen 8+ people stroll by a motion detector until I shoot it.