Invincible Hives - Built within terrain (boulders).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyropaedia, May 25, 2017.

1. Cyropaedia

There is a certain individual on TR Connery who has, for the past week, consistently built Hives within terrain (boulders). They are a pain because they are invincible unless you build an Orbital Strike. If you play on Connery, please report this individual. Can RadarX and devs investigate? Thank you!
  2. Cyropaedia

The individual is able to build Hives within terrain on all continents. It looks like he can build a Hive within any freestanding boulder/large rock. He is flaunting a major exploit.
  3. JohnGalt36

It's pretty obvious that they either do not care about the recent wave of hacking or that they are powerless to prevent it.
    • Up x 3
  4. OgreMarkX

HiveCraftSide 2 for the win.

Come join 1000's of players to watch the game swirl down the HiveCraft-Lock-MineCraft-Drain!

This game can be great fun, and has always had such potential. But the "Vision" for the game never really recovered from the days when SOE decided an MMOFPS game should focus on MLG (Major League Gaming). It's now shifted to a cash shop, which, as a believer in the market and someone who understands "free-to-play" I like. What I do NOT like is the cash shop route is deferring core game design focus.

Hives. Need. To. Go.
  5. PlanetBound

It isn't a hack to build a hive that uses terrain. All maps have sweet spots. If you can't take it down, grab a stealth sundy, park far away, lock it, and mine the exits or Cortium. They have to come out sometime. Or as you mentioned, build an OS. The problem with that is by the time it grows to reach the hive, the enemy is circling your tiny base.

Generally if you attack a hive, others join the party and it will come down no matter the "exploit" used to secure it.
  6. Problem Officer

The reason you are NOT building an OS to completely counter that person is...?
  7. BadCoding

Think before you post.
    • Up x 2
  8. JohnGalt36

Because most people play this game to shoot mans, not build Legos in Spacetm.
    • Up x 1
  9. PanzerGoddess

did I just read a few posts defending exploits lol......I sure love this game and the community rofl......sigh
    • Up x 2
  10. Twitch760

They are building Hives that are completely underground and not destroyable.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cyropaedia

Agreed. Customer Service did respond to my petition so there might be some movement on this front.
  12. Cyropaedia

The Hive is 100% within the boulder. It's not the old "build walls then place bunker on top" Hive. It's literally 100% in the rock. Even worse, they've somehow managed to place the Repair Mod in the rock too so you can't kill the silo.
  13. Cyropaedia

Unfortunately, an NC Connery player decided to follow the TR player's lead and build an exploit Hive on Esamir yesterday. VS Connery twice sent a 48-96 zerg (probably TWC or FPSK) but failed to kill the exploit Hive. In both instances, the exploiters were likely Chinese ("CN" as part of Outfit tag) but known players and fairly high BR (90+).
  14. OgreMarkX

I've lived and worked in Asia. They don't consider such a thing an exploit or cheating. China's economy pretty much depends on what we in America would consider shady or downright illegal actions. Different cultures collide.
    • Up x 1
  15. Cyropaedia

Good point. They were sending me ? in tells. I thought hey were BSing me at first. Still, it's not healthy for the game to leave an invincible 100% Hive (an extreme example per your thread on Hive VP generation).
  16. LetMeBeClear

Just for clarification, these are exploit hives built INSIDE the boulder mountains at Quarts Ridge by several douchebags including EmporerRiver (TR) aka Vampire9000 (VS). They require some sort of exploit/hack to even build them. These are not "sweet spots".
  17. LetMeBeClear

Also includes ExperienceTheBaby (NC)
  18. LetMeBeClear

The reason you're being a ******** troll not contributing anything useful to the thread?