Invincibility Glitch...or Hacking?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VKedize, Oct 28, 2015.

1. VKedize

So....this happened....

2. ObiVanuKenobi

Might have something to do with lag considering the fact he didn't shoot at anyone and warped into a wall for a second but i've never seen this before and lag on his side shouldn't prevent him from taking damage.
  3. ComicZockt

This does not look like a lag to me, neither on his, nor on the servers nor on your side, if he would have been lagging around, he wouldn´t react to physix, so he would just run/walk through everything and anything and walk on towards the Biolab without falling due to missing Physix reactions on his side.... He seems play like a normal player who just doesnt receive or react, but he changes directions so accurately that i don't think he is lagging around... Don't know exactly, however, how Planetside 2 Hit Detection works: Serverside or Clientside, and on the shooter's or the recipients side.... Maybe there's some sort of Hack that prevents getting damage. Would only work if Damage is calculated on the recipients client side.
  4. Lord_Mogul

The hit detection is clientsided. So if you shoot someone the hit is confirmed as soon as you se him being hit. But that also works the other way around. Thats the reason why sometimes both fall into the dust.
    You died n his screen and he died on your screen before you got the "conformation" that you've been killed.

But that still doesn't explain the issue shown in the video. Its really weired.
  5. MrDuch

probrable hack.

the weird thing is that he walked into the wall, and that you got a hitmarker or 2 at around 0:24

this, is, interesting