Inverted flight controls vs. normal. + your sensitivity/dpi?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WUNDER8AR, Jan 26, 2015.

1. WUNDER8AR

I'm just curious, what kind of settings do you guys use for flying ESFs? I'm using inverted flight controls, my mouse is set to 800dpi and my ingame flight sensitivity is 0.5. I'm struggling quite a bit with aiming in an ESF. Can't hit things properly especially Scythes. Now I'm asking myself whether it'd be worth switching from inverted to normal flight controls and if there's somebody who did the same and perhaps could leave some feedback about his journey from inverted to normal.
  2. Onhil

I fly at normal controls with 2500 dpi and flight sensetivity at 1. I seem to be doing fne, but I would not think thats a change you can get used to that quickly. I spent 3 months going from 1200 dpi to 2500 dpi
  3. Cz4rMike

Inverted flight as in move mouse to yourself = pitch down? I have this.

Speaking of sens, I have 800 DPI + 0.61 ingame.

Had 0.55 which was nice for some longer engagements (some great pilots have this sens I think), but I was not fast enough in some closer engagements, with 0.61 I am able to land a hitstreak on afterburning enemies at close-mid distance. I would probably do even better with higher sens, but it would be at expense of precision. Also having lower sens allows for better consistency. I think I could still go to 800 DPI / 0.65 but I don't need it.
  4. WUNDER8AR

wow that's crazy high. is this your lib controls? I can't think of flying an ESF with such high sensitivity
  5. Onhil

That there is my ESF controls. I don't fly Libs yet.

I like to be able to move my mouse as little as possible so that I don't throw my hands around like a maniac you see. I've actually thought about getting an even higher sensetivity, but I would need a higher dpi mouse for that
  6. Hiperion

0.72 dpi in game i have a cheap mouse so i dont know how much dpi i have
    Also inverted flying
  7. CrimsonPig

At work right now, but if I recall, ~.90 in game and mouse is set at 1600 DPI.

I tend to use higher sensitivity overall to minimize wrist movements.
  8. WUNDER8AR

So I changed from inverted to normal mouse controls and it's like a complete restart from scratch. To much of a change for me. Went back to inverted and I toyed some with my sensitivity settings. I tried to play with higher sensitivity but I find it impossible to line up a shot. Turning speed is nice though. Doing all with just my wrist is kind of a nice feeling compared to my usual move mouse across entire mousepad (note my mousepad is massive) to make a 180° turn.
  9. Cz4rMike

Well, it's normal that you can't hit anything anything when you change sens in ESF. That's why i go with my increment by 0.05. Get into dogfights with a friend - to get used to new sens.
  10. Demigan

I'm not sure what I did exactly, but I think that your mouse sensitivity needs to be high and in-game sensitivity low.
    When I started with Planetside 2 I had a problem that any mouse movement would move my reticule more than I wanted. Even the tiniest movement would make it go several pixels, and there was no good way around it.
    By having a low in-game settings you have more control and the reticule won't have a minimum movement that will mess with fine aiming. Compensate it with a high mouse DPI that you like (and need, depending on the room you have to move your mouse and steer your craft), and you are set I think.