[Suggestion] Inter-Continental Lattice.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Savadrin

I disagree. If this was the case, all spawn camping would stop of its own accord, and that's certainly not the case ;)
  2. Scr1nRusher

But you get what I mean.

Putting a capture point FEET AWAY from the spawn room is a bad idea.

Anyways.............

ICL, what do you think?
  3. Savadrin

No circular conversations! What do YOU think about the diagram? lol
  4. Scr1nRusher

Its cool.
  5. OldMaster80

Well I think many of us agree. But this is not easy at all, it would take I think most of 2016 to be optimistic.
    In particular Hossin has too many bases and probably not enough space for the construction system. A new version of that continent should include a massive wipeout of the existing structures.
  6. Savadrin

Hossin is an interesting topic. Many people think it has the best base design in the game. The rest think it has the worst.

Many folks like that it's harder for armor to rule the day; others hate it. Air is its own issue there.

I like the variety. It's impossible to see at any distance, and maybe we have all been spoiled by Indarside, or Esamirside. I also love the ambiance and distinct feel that the continent has. Potatoes can't render it.

Do we want less bases, more options to fight at different places, or what?

I did like the idea of more, smaller continents but now we are talking about essentially scrapping the entirety of game design, and I just don't see that as plausible.

Finding a consensus might be impossible.
  7. bLind db

Lattice is a good thing, like on Esamir where the map will eventually break down into a total of four or five lattice connections between all three factions, meaning there are only 4-5 fights populated by ~1500 players. That's not good gameplay for a lot of people that might want their efforts to actually contribute to the overall fight.

This game absolutely needs more skirmish fights, 12-24 size at largest, for newer players to start learning about battle flow without being constantly killed from thirty different directions.
  8. Savadrin

Problem solved, play off peak. ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

So your one of those "small squad" guys that wants the game to be like COD or BF interms of populations per map aren't you?
  10. Azawarau

Players wont just sit outside and let people exit the tower.

Theres still

Keeping them away from the points

Keeping them away from vehicle terminals that will be camped from the outside if not the inside

Preventing air from flying out by destroying/camping terminals or camping the spawn area

I dont know how you cant see camping as a possibility by just removing point A

The point is to keep them from pushing back and locking enemies in the tower is the best way to do this
    • Up x 1
  11. Azawarau

That falls more to the community than the game

We need to really welcome and teach newcomers to the game so they can better handle these larger battles
    • Up x 1
  12. Scr1nRusher

Tower bases are a cluster-**** of a base design aren't they?

The perfect Spawn room design, but at the same time potentially the most farm creating design in the game.
  13. Azawarau

Id give that one to the bases on indar where tanks can camp for miles safely

Hunters blind thats pretty much camp central with its bouncy pads that get you shot by the waiting infantry in various locations

And that super high base in indar that only has one bounce pad to access it from and is pretty much there to be a camp spot
  14. OldMaster80

I like the infantry oriented continent where vehicles and aircraft have a hard life. I just wonder if do we need 88 bases... they are too many and too close one each other. You barely see battles occurring between structures, go figure out tomorrow when we're gonna add our own bunkers walls and turrets.
    • Up x 1
  15. Scr1nRusher

Indar actually has 90 or close to that bases.

**** Indar......
  16. Scr1nRusher

If DBG wanted to do it.......well heres a general idea.
  17. Scr1nRusher

This.
  18. Hotbread

This game desperately needs lattice.
    • Up x 1
  19. TheChris

Biggest problem is the fights are almost on same bases.
    Look at Esamir for example. Mani and Andvari. or Indar = Excavation site.
    Im getting tired to fight the same bases over and over again. Or do you play same level in a new game over and over again ? Its like Dust2-only-server in CS:S or CS:GO.
    I would apreciate more Lattice in the Game.
  20. Imp C Bravo

I hadn't seen this thread I don't think! :eek:

I would be super down with connecting continents. Makes taking a continent mean more. A sense of accomplishment is a good thing.