Intel I7 6700k - Bad FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ictons, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Ictons

Branching out to this forum as well to get any help I can get. At a loss for words here. Running a 6700k and an nVidia 1070 - getting 10 - 20 FPS in medium to large battles. I've tried all sorts of settings, tweaked my .ini file, unparked cores, etc. All the ♥♥♥♥ you could possible Google, I've tried it - and nothing has worked.

What blows my mind is a friend of mine just upgraded his machine and is running the 6700k per my recommendation, and is getting a solid 60 FPS, regardless.

Looking for any advice or help I can get at this point since any problem-solving I've already done has been to no avail.
  2. Plongo

I'm having the same issue. 6700k, 980ti. and revolting FPS. Changing view distance, everything makes no difference in FPS. What OS are you running? I'm on win 8.1 still.
  3. Kanelbullen300

Graphics card maybe? My computer runs as it should with this processor
  4. Plongo

980ti, a top tier card. Others have the same system and get 60++ fps in large battles, and im getting 10-20. I really want to know what is causing it. I wondering if its Internet speed, I only have 200-300kbps. But still surely not. I must find the issues!! Gahhh!!!! so frustrating!
  5. Kanelbullen300

what about motherboard and RAM? Have you tried to open a support ticket?
  6. Plongo

z170a msi mobo, 16gb at 2400mhz, CPU is water cooled, and all temps are low. Yeh will do that. But wanted to see if OP had solved there problem.
    Really really odd.
  7. Grievance

any solutions yet ?
  8. SkyLinEx9

Same thing here, a lot of people from reddit says they have the issue too, what a disaster! Those performance issues are going on for months - still no fix ! Everytime they tried to fix it, it got even worst ! Can't believe there is a whole team working behind this game !
  9. Anonynonymous

Experiencing the same problem here. I just upgraded my system today. Went from i7-920 to i7-6700k. Where I was at least able to get an average of 30-40fps with my old i7-920 system. I'm only getting around 20fps with i7-6700k, even while in VR training field. None of my other games are having this issue, they all ran smoother as expected from the upgrade. Very strange.
  10. kr47er

when you guys get this fps drops, what is the bound, CPU or GPU? ( it shows next to the fps number on the in-game tool ( alt+f ))
  11. Anonynonymous

CPU
  12. kr47er

does the problem still exist?
    are your cores unparked?
    are the power settings on max performance?
    is the game on real time priority on the task manager?
    when you open the task manager what does it tell you about the game? where is the bottleneck? ( the ingame fps tool only will show cpu and gpu bounds, maybe your game is bottlenecked for not having enough RAM or maybe for hard disk usage )
    Have you checked the insides of your computer are clean? does your cpu get too hot? maybe its time to change the thermal paste.