Instead of nerfing lib, Add cover to bases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

1. A Crispy Taco

Instead of just using the ol' Sony Nerf Axe to our old friend the "Cert Pinata" why not ADD SOME NEW THINGS TO THE GAME like...

Giant sun canvases between and around buildings that blocks the heat of the Blazing Auraxian Sun and aircraft line of sight. They should be bullet proof of course because the Auraxian Engineers would have thought of that so they went to the home depot who was having a sale on 20$ super-Kevlar canvases that would easily solve this problem while not inflicting a massive nerf to an already easily countered vehicle by a few Guys on the ground or ESFs who can focus fire.

Save the Lib
    Just add base feature to help counter some of their potential
    • Up x 1
  2. Goden

You just don't want your ability to absolute trash anything that moves to be actually balanced so you propose a band-aid fix rather than actually nerfing the overperforming weaponry.
    • Up x 19
  3. Epic High Five

When this sort of thing was proposed before:

Liberator pilots: "But...COMBINED ARMS!"

It's too late to embrace it. You can't eat 9 AP rounds anymore and you can't mindlessly spam infinite ammo 150mm cannons and you can't one-pass 2-3 Skyguards in a group, but the Liberator will be fine. It isn't going to be the flying tinderbox that the Harasser was post-nerf
    • Up x 14
  4. Jaggedmallard26

They are planning on adding them. I think you can still see the half implemented energy shields on Hossin on the PTS. Walling off bases from the air just ruins fights. Look at Esamir where they walled off every single base to prevent tank farming, it ruins gameplay. The changes will make it so Libs actually have to respect AA and co-operate with ground units to clear AA. You know like an actual combined arms game.

Simply removing sunlight will make it so Air has no place what so ever in fights making the air game into a seperate game.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phyr

Open the roof on spawn rooms, then they can't spawn camp so easily.
  6. Axehilt

If/when the Liberator is in danger of being underpowered, that is when you can be concerned with "saving the Liberator".

Until that happens, Liberators are slightly overpowered and need to be balanced. The only vehicle that puts them at risk (ESFs) they can oftentimes beat (an ESF pilot has to basically be as skilled or better than the Lib pilot or they will lose.)
    • Up x 1
  7. Iridar51

Stages of liberator's death:
    1. Denial and Isolation
    2. Anger
    3. Bargaining - current stage
    4. Depression
    5. Acceptance
    • Up x 14
  8. iller

Well actually Sony already tried the Band-aid fix. Almost every base in the game got tons more "Cover" ... Windows that are almost impossible to get a Zephyr into, a lot less Splash Damage being able to PATH AROUND solid geometry and kill everything behind it, Complete Tower revamp (lol, I still racked up tons of kills over towers farming infrantry using only a BULLDOG in a Lib's tail gun). Several Skyguard improvements. Lockdown Bursters for TR, Phoenix Missiles for NC, Lancer for VS = ...all of which very effective at givuing ground infantry much better "Threat Scaling" or consistent DPS Versus Air-Farmers from more secure firing locations. Dalton even had its AOE reduced (not that it was really THAT hard to hit infantry dead-center mass with it ...infantry walk SUPER SLOW in this game and all Shell rounds have massive Collision Hulls).

The only thing they Didn't do yet, was put one of those "Yellow Roof Forcefields" (the ones you take a GravLift through) on top of EVERY spawn so that Bursters/Lancers could just sit inside spawns firing Directly upwards at any Libs camping the spawn.
    • Up x 1
  9. Phyr

The forums never reach acceptance.
    • Up x 2
  10. Iridar51

You just don't see it, since acceptance doesn't involve posting :p
    • Up x 2
  11. Phyr

We're still going through depression over harassers.
    • Up x 4
  12. Epic High Five

The C85 says otherwise sir
    • Up x 1
  13. Kanil

I'm at acceptance... provided I haven't seen my gunner online in a while. When he shows up, it's back to depression.

How I regret not just learning to fly a Lib...
  14. Tommyp2006

that's exactly what I was just going to post. Don't hear many complaints about the Canister anymore, but everyone knows it sucks, we just accept it at this point.
  15. GoEErs

Don't nerf but don't buff either. Keep it static. All of us have had to make some tweaks as to how we deal with Libs. Too me I'm fine with where they are at. Others may not be so agreeable. And I hardly ever fly so I'm not a Lib pilot tooting my own horn.
  16. Phyr

I don't think the five stages really applies to things that have always been under powered. They usually skip stage one, and sometimes stage 2, and just cycle between 3 and 4.
  17. CrashB111

@Liberator Pilots
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. EnsignPistol

Because adding those massive walls around every base on Esamir was a great way to make tanks balanced, right?
    • Up x 7
  19. Phyr

It was great, until the aircraft come over, or the tanks find the conveniently placed hill next to the base...
    • Up x 2
  20. SharpeShooter

No! Just no!