Insane Graphical Issues?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lysah, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Lysah

Just started playing ps2 after a few months break, but noticing a ton of really glaring problems now. Off the top of my head:

All projectiles are invisible (guns, vehicles)
    Shields are invisible (gates, spawn rooms etc)
    Infiltrator cloak is invisible (including my own)
    No crosshair
    Headlights in the middle of my screen everywhere I look

Changing graphical settings doesn't seem to make any difference for these problems. Wonder if anyone else has heard of these issues and knows where to go about fixing it. I did recently switch to a dual monitor setup with a 27 inch that I'm trying to play planetside on, wondering if that is somehow causing it because I certainly never had these issues before.
  2. MyPS2

I would try a fresh install of the game if plausible. At least validate.
  3. Lysah

Tried a completely fresh install, all of the exact same problems are still present :(
  4. CaptCran

What card you running??? On my laptop there was one card setting that didn't mesh with the game.
  5. Lysah

AMD Radeon HD 7650
  6. Carmacks

Seems like a driver issue
  7. CaptCran

Mess with a couple of the Card settings. I can't recall which one it is. Better yet, try setting all the settings to program controlled. That MIGHT clear it up. Like I said in the before post, my laptop had similar issues when I was trying to tweek it for better performance back with "GameUdate 13".
  8. Lysah

This was it actually, everything seems to work fine now. Thanks a lot stranger! Feels like a dumb problem to have but I didn't even think about my driver overwriting the game settings before.