[Suggestion] Ingame Gamemasters (Cheat-advertisment on Miller)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaptAmazing, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CaptAmazing

Hello everyone,

I would like DBG to hire a few GMs who activly are present on the servers. Perhaps 3 per server would be enough.

I know that there is a programm scanning for unusal game activity, for example extreme killstreaks or high K/D. For a few days the server Miller is being harrassed by cheaters who even advertise their cheats on chat. I won't name the cheats or their sites here, because I don't want to advertise themselfs. (I made a ticket). They are inside the floor - even in spawnrooms and kill everybody in range.

Its one person creating new accounts or several people (because of different names). The programm scanning for unusual game activity takes to long to take care of such people. They can be active for 30 minutes to a few hours.

An ingame GM could look out, if he hears of unusal hacker activity and ban those people instantly after taking a look. If they get banned several times in short time it should discourage them more, than only in a few hours or even days.

I'm aware, that those GMs would possible be contacted from people who just got killed by a better player, but right now hackers are rampant (at least on Miller).
  2. Leftconsin

I think I know who you mean. I'm looking at his killboard and killboards of similar names now and it is quite impossible. Unless someone wants to claim approximately 800 kills per hour is humanly achievable on a live server.

If it is the same guy each time he doesn't seem to have much trouble circumventing getting banned every couple days.

I understand that at some point the only defense is to patch out the exploit these people are using. It is rough, and something we have to just live with while the devs do the hard work to fix exploits.