Infradine // implants VS stalker cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by vlaamseleeuw, Feb 9, 2023.

1. vlaamseleeuw

Stalker cloak users should be immune to infradine and certain implants.

The use of the stalker cloak is really not fun anymore, one can do some missions and render stalker cloak useless.

Maybe there should be a consumable for a stalker cloak that blocks all detection implants and infradine for 300 sec so you can at least assault 1 point on a base.

Maybe i am missing the dev team point of view on this case and someone can explain this to me?
  2. Liewec123

I'm pretty sure cloaker aren't made visible by these kind of effects,
    It actually makes cloaker borderline impossible to see. ;)
  3. vlaamseleeuw

I really hope you are wrong, otherwise there is another problem :rolleyes:
  4. Sumowning

He's very right, any sort of infrared/thermals will make it so you cannot even see the shimmer/translucent effect of the cloak. In fact, cloaks are a direct hard counter to thermals as there's nothing you can do if a cloaker sneaks up to you and you have thermals.
  5. vlaamseleeuw

i main stalker infil, i get players running up to me like im not cloacked at all.
    How do they figure out where im at? is it use of esp?
  6. blackboemmel

When they run up to you while you are NOT MOVING AND CROUCHING it is very fishy. If you are even using the implant "Deep Operative" correctly and did nothing stupid to make you visible on the mini-map, it's time to think about cheating enemies.

As you didn't know that the use of "Infradine" or similar scopes makes your enemies 100% incapable of seeing you, i'd rather guess that your not playing your Stalker right: Don't stand, don't move, don't use unsilenced weapons when you want to be "invisible".
  7. Twarion

Could be for several reasons...
    Maybe someone you killed had coms and was informing his/her squat-/platoonmates about your exact location on the kill-cam...
    Sometimes smoke doesn't render correctly and leaves the outline of even cloaked infils visible... Same goes for some holographic banners on bases aso, so be aware of your background.

If you're not running deep-operative, then vets with trained eyes and good graphic settings will be able to spot you at close distance when they are looking for you, even when you're crouched and standing still.

Also: If you are on an open field for instance, and your background is not static (people passing by behind you etc), a person looking at you will see the difference in the reflection, even when you yourself are standing still. So again: be aware of your background.

And finally: If someone happens to bump into you, they will notice an "invisible" obstacle and it doesn't take a genious to figure out that it's better to shoot it... at close distance, their crosshair will also turn red.