Infinite mute bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by B-96, Apr 5, 2021.

1. B-96

Certain characters are muted infinitely for no reason.
    Even if you unmute it, it will automatically mute after a few seconds.
  2. Liquidrider

I can also confirm this bug exists. It has for quite sometime and is completely random. For me, it has occurs on the squad leader.
  3. Kaizure

To fix this issue, ask the player to speak. Then while they are speaking, press Numpad Enter.

This bug has existed for a very long time. The only workaround is to use the Numpad Enter solution.

Just make sure nobody else is speaking when you press it, otherwise you'll mute the other person who talks.
  4. B-96

As you know if you've read the article, it will automatically be muted even if you do.
  5. Pavuk

I had the same issue, reason was that I set the UserOptions.ini file to readonly (as some web-tutorial of "making things better" suggested), removing readonly solved the issue
  6. Kaizure

I did read it, but you didn't specify how you're going about unmuting the player.

A lot of people will rely on going into their voice channel, finding the player's name and clicking the audio icon. This does not work and the player will just be instantly muted again.

However, if you ask them to speak and then press numpad enter while they are talking, it should unmute them.

If it doesn't, I don't know what to tell you. The numpad enter workaround has been proven to work, so if it doesn't, either you're doing it too late or you have a unique version of the bug.