infiltrator woes.....your story :)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by PanzerGoddess, Jan 13, 2015.

1. PanzerGoddess

Setting a door claymore only to kill yourself with it minutes later as you forgot it was their as you stand over top of it and die by random splash damage x_X

Having the perfect shot only to have it ruined by some nab that decides he should be in front of you when you shoot only to find a tk......ya know the window you worked so hard on so many kills to find the randon nab that decides you can curve your bullets around him when you've been slaying people for ten minutes already....

Trying to hack a turret and being tked by friendly tank, rocket or air fire....still makes me wonder how it happens, im pretty sure Im not invincible when Im doing it. If I had to dance through the enemy to hack a turret then back the **** off I earned the hack.....no really I did.

Checking every corner and finding the least expected spot for a prox or bb that kills you after you had a great streak of luck.

Things are batpoo crazy, the base everyone was trying to take is not gonna happen, you need to get out quickly, you somehow manage to hack a v term....somehow the enemy put their mines in front of their own v term just in case some asssshat infy such as myself does said above....was much crazy to haz check for mines....well coolness ruined by mine spam, keyboard gets beatdown.

edit* almost forgot, probably on top of the list for us infys...Having a great killstreak and badassness going on to get ran over but some drunk driver in the one spot you think would never happen....ya know behind that tree in the middle of nowhere where no one else is but yourself....oh and the drunk driver that just happened to go off the beaten path, make a right over three impossible hills and weave his way through 20 trees just to find himself crashing into the one tree you happened to be standing behind....unfortunate roadkill, your instincts, pm said player and internet choke slam him, what really happens, you stand in dismay as you stare at your monitor screen with the thousand mile stare....
    • Up x 2
  2. Klondor

Sitting in stalker cloak in the middle of a massive VS infantry spearhead, doing all that i can to stay perfectly still, and the one shell fired by an allied Prowler P-120 nails me in the face, killing me instantly.

Providing support fire from a hacked base Spear Phalanx turret, enemy infiltrator begins to hack the turret, so i let him and assume i'll kill him with my SMG, I get forced from the turret: SURPRISE, THERE'S A MAX BEHIND THE INFILTRATOR :D
    • Up x 2
  3. _itg

In an awesome flanking spot, then some friendly BR10 light assault runs directly up to me to try to be my buddy, drawing fire from every enemy in the hex in the process.

Lined up a headshot on a clueless target, then right as I'm about to pull the trigger, some idiot decides to plink at him with his carbine from 150m, scaring him off.

Sitting in deep cloak, when someone decides to stand directly behind me and shoot over my head. Are they using me as a meat shield intentionally, or just oblivious? Frustrating, either way.
    • Up x 1
  4. Moonheart

In the "my allies are my worst enemies" series:

- Trying to hack a terminal, and get killed by the tank shells of an ally that prefer to destroy it

- Patiently infiltrating the enemy lines unoticed since 5mn, and at a corner, a "friendly" HA run in my back carelessly, and make me killed with the ennemy bullets destinated to him

- Returning from enemy lines to a capture point room to provide a motion spotter to my allies, only to get killed by reflexes because I enter by the same door than ennemies would

- Hidding in a capture room, beside a door to provide an assist fire in the back of any enemy that would enter... an non-inf ally come to "hide" at the same place at me, and makes us both killed at the first HA entering the place

- Sneaking in someone's back to backstab him with my luminous knife, and an ally throw a grenade at its feet just when I was reaching him

- Trying to spawn my wraith... and get rolled on while still not in control of it by an allied tank driving backward because he got shot as soon it left the spawn point

- Driving my flash cloaked, someone hit me with a bullet because he's angry to not get a ride. I sigh, wheel back, uncloak... and naturaly get an enemy tank shell in my face while he try to climb on

- Driving my flash on a road, an allied sunderer come in the opposite way. I turn right to avoid it... he turns left too to avoid me... boom

- Flanking an enemy MBT to make a pincer attack with an allied tank... when I start to fire, the allied cowardly wheel back instead of opening fire, letting me face the MBT 1vs1 and die
    • Up x 1
  5. Mustarde

Dying to friendly splash while hacking a turret

Watching a friendly shoot a terminal while hacking it
    • Up x 2
  6. PanzerGoddess

lol the term hack is on everyones list, that lawls me everytime, something that never gets old.....almost at the point the only thing you can do is laugh.....for if you get angry everytime youd be angry most of the game :p
  7. FaLI3N

I hate when people shoot my battleflash because they want a ride.. if I see a newbie making a 500m footslog to the next base then I stop for them without them asking and I am willing to drop you off somewhere if you use the Q wheel to ask for a ride but if you just expect me to stop and then fire on me when I don't then I will 100% of the time turn around and kill you. My dam minimap is zoomed out so I cant see your tiny arrow pointing in my direction whilst you try to catch up with me..

Have to agree with the hacking terms as well.. and I hate that you can put darklights on pistols, make them actually sacrifice something by putting it on their main gun. Nothing worse than having 4 people whip out their wall-piercing searchlights the second they suspect an infiltrator is about.
    • Up x 1
  8. blzbug

No doubt a harasser driver. Those things are like a chicken with the head cut off. A 3000lb steel chicken on PCP.
  9. PanzerGoddess

lol....Id say good guess but yeah...harasser driver as usual.
  10. Mahaut

As a sniper, seeing that enemy LA coming for you from miles away, taking your side-arm out and getting ready to ambush him... And then headshooting him with a recon dart. Never gets old.
    • Up x 1
  11. AnuErebus

Having friendlies TK me so that they can blow up a terminal I'm hacking. Or just generally destroying an enemy terminal ever.

Playing cloaking roulette with the server.

Trying to place down a motion spotter and having the game eat it because I twitched slightly.

Friendlies running in front of me as I'm shooting.

Trying to drive a flash in any sort of a coherent manner.
  12. PanzerGoddess

well almost forgot to mention.

Trying to shoot while still cloaked....why....cause somehow you've played infy so long that sometimes you forgot that you cloaked without thinking. So when some reason you get jumped you try to aim and shoot.......aggravating moment
  13. blzbug

I guess this doesn't happen to everyone, but this is the single most annoying thing I struggle with while infing. REcloaking!
    I think this is related to server lag, since it always happens during big fights, and never happens in small fights.
    I decloak, fire off a few rounds, then hit F. I cloak, then *immediately* decloak again. As though I hit F a second time, but I didn't. Now I have to wait and hit F *again* to finally cloak. So f-ing aggravating! Does this happen to others?
  14. _itg

This used to happen to me a lot. Since a patch or two ago, though, I usually just hit F and fail to cloak at all. I guess it's marginally better, but it's still very frustrating, and it gets me killed a lot.
  15. Problem Officer

Dropped an ap mine, a moment later this random enemy heavy sprints over it, we both die.
    Dropped an ap mine, turns out there was a stalker sitting in that good spot, we both die.
    Dropped an ap mine behind a hacked phalanx, enemy jumps out, we both die.
  16. AnuErebus

Yes, it's one of the first signs that the game servers are having trouble. It's what I was talking about when I listed "Playing cloaking roulette with the server." as one of my woes. Easily one of the most annoying aspects of playing infiltrator.
    • Up x 1
  17. MetalCotton

Most of my frustrations come from hacking terminals, between getting nailed by a lib/tank or having the terminal destroyed by a friendly thus preventing me from changing into a more useful class, it's safe to say the only thing I really do is spam motion darts.

Also I hate being that infiltrator that manages to get behind the enemy, only to get caught in the crossfire of my friendlies.
    • Up x 2
  18. MisterSlim

Mahaut said it best.. That moment when we sneak up behind someone to execute them with our trusty Commissioner..and then squarely place a sensor on the back of the victim's head, who then turns around, puzzled, and promptly blasts us in the face.

Or that moment when we wickedly CQC snipe someone off their flash, which then continues rolling and plows you down.

Or that moment when we walk boldly into a cluster of enemies, ending up with an 11 knife streak, only to be stopped by the MAX that insists firmly that he is helping.
  19. Souleater

My unfailing ability to fumble my cloak state at close range, thus getting myself killed without being able to return fire.
  20. Auxill

Exactly the same thing as Souleater, ugh, it happens way too often whilst cloaking to go to capture a point.