[Suggestion] Infiltrator Rework Plan

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Shadowflare, May 11, 2022.

1. Shadowflare

Why: Infiltrator is widely regarded as being frustrating to play against and even in some cases abusive with it's cloak mechanic due to how the game engine and latency functions, tilting gameplay against new or average players, even more so when population is low. The following suggestions are an idea on how to reduce those issues and hopefully help improve the new player experience. The new player experience is critical for the life of the game, bringing in and more importantly, retaining new players (and in theory, eventually paying customers)

Any hard numbers given here should be considered as guesswork and should obviously be open to adjustment.

The first part of this document will focus on specific adjustments and changes that can be made, a second part will attempt to explain why in more detail.

Suggested Changes:

Hacking Update:
    • Engineers should be able to repair hacked items without destroying them first to remove a hack. The firewall implant should be equippable by engineers.
    • Add a directive and ribbon to Infiltrators for hacking. (perhaps to get credit it needs to be in or near a contested hex to prevent abuse).
    • Small unoccupied vehicles should be able to be hacked and hijacked. (Flashes, Javelins)
    • Hacking vehicle terminals no longer prevents use by enemies, but increases nanite or cortium cost for pulling vehicles by 20%. Every vehicle pulled at increased cost grants a small amount of EXP to the hacker.
    • While a vehicle terminal is hacked, it will show up as friendly to allied soldiers, and function at normal cost.
    • Hacking can now be used on undetonated mines, and doors.

Doors:
    • Add doors in facilities, either energy barriers or physical models with consoles to interact with them. These may be destroyed, repaired, or hacked to provide attackers with alternate attack routes. Hacked doors remain in an open state when hacked and otherwise only allow the controller of the facility to pass. (doors somewhat like this existed in the Containment update)

Implant Changes:
    • Firewall - Can now be equipped on Engineer. Firewalls may be applied to doors, turrets, friendly terminals and spitfires, and buffs the HP of all of them. When a firewall is broken, the hacking infiltrator takes 250 damage directly to health from an electric shock.

General Changes:
    • Spotting voice callouts while cloaked can no longer be heard by enemies / or is significantly quieter. (we have radios or communicators, don't we?)
    • Manual Spot assists grant more EXP for damage dealt and kills. (this better rewards team players for providing intel, which can carry the risk of giving away their position)

Infiltrator Class Additions:
    • Enhanced Spotting Passive: Manual spots remain as long as the target is visible to the spotter, and for several seconds longer when no longer in view. Spots are "transmitted" past the (current 150m?) limit. Spotting deployables also marks them for friendlies and points are awarded if these objects are destroyed or disarmed. (mines, turrets, etc)
    • AMR class weapons are now available.

New Tools:
    • Handheld Cloaking Device - This device activates a superior cloak even when moving while equipped and the button is engaged, however it makes a distinct buzzing noise.
    • Portable Cloak Generator - This device allows you to place a small cloaking generator on the ground, cloaking infantry within it. Damage to the device or firing breaks the granted cloak similar to the Sunderer Bubble.

Updated or new Ability Slot items:

Stalker Cloaks - All based upon the function of the existing Stalker Cloak.
    Primary weapon slot is DISABLED.
    • Stalker Cloak: As is, but provides superior duration over alternatives. You may deploy tools, mines and fire recon detection darts while cloaked.
    • Stalker Nano-Armor Cloaking: Damage from projectile weapons and explosives is reduced by 25% while cloaked, this lasts for 2 seconds upon breaking cloak. Enemies do not get a hit indicator when scoring a hit while you are cloaked.
    • Stalker Operative Cloaking: While cloaked, you can crouch past AP mines without detonating them, and do not appear on recon devices while crouched or motionless. You can hack while cloaked, but it increases visibility level slightly. (moving level)

Hunter Cloaks - Reworks to the Hunter Cloak which causes "unfun" issues because of latency and low TTK weapons.
    Primary weapon slot is ENABLED

• Hunter Cloaking: Remaining stationary for two seconds activates a cloak. You can move while crouched, but this depletes the energy bar and at a cost of increased visibility. It regenerates while stationary. Firing a weapon, walking or sprinting breaks the cloak, and requires a new two second cooldown to recloak. This ability stays on until depleted or toggled off.
    • Hunter Nano-Armor Cloaking: Damage from projectile weapons and explosives is reduced by 25% while cloaked, this lasts for 3 seconds upon breaking cloak. Enemies do not get a hit indicator when scoring a hit while you are cloaked. After disengaging, the cloak may not be re-engaged for three seconds.
    • Hunter Displacement Cloaking: Instantly cloaks you, granting 15% movement speed for 6 seconds. Firing or deactivating the ability empties the energy bar and deactivates the cloak, but maintains the movement speed for the full duration. The ability may be reactivated after recharging for 12 seconds.

Now, for the part you've been waiting for, and the more wordy part of this document, my thanks for sticking with me this long....

The why:

As briefly mentioned above, Infiltrators currently sit in a spot where counter-play against some setups is very difficult and frustrating due to server latency and low (see: zero) time to kill weapons. These issues only get worse and unfun to play against as populations get lower during off hours or as more people adopt these playstyles, and in some cases, you are already dead before the client lets you know an Infiltrator is there. Infiltrators also cannot contribute to the vehicle side of the game very much, these changes are intended to allow (with the reworked hunter cloak) use of the AMR sniper weapons to allow damaging vehicles.

Counter-play right now is generally limited to using a Darklight Flashlight, which robs you of a valuable attachment slot that makes you worse against every other kind of threat and reveals your position when active, and provides little to no benefit at range.

Hacking Update:
    Hacking as it is in game feels very tacked on and forgotten about, even though it's a major feature of the class its on, doing it doesn't provide much benefit beyond annoying the enemy and being able to grab vehicles from unexpected places. The changes suggested would provide incentives to infiltrate and hack enemy assets, as well as make it more intuitive to fix for enemy engineers beyond "blow it up and rebuild it"

On the Infiltrator class changes:
    The new ability slot items are intended to allow Infiltrators to perform specific roles better and be rewarded for that.

Stalker Cloaks
    Stalker cloaks are intended for covert, disruptive CQB gameplay going into enemy bases or point holds and causing havoc, similar to how it functions now, however variants of the cloak allow for different objectives and functionality. These did not get changed much, as I feel they are fairly balanced due to most pistols having slightly higher TTK's and therefore allow counter-play.

A notable outlier for this is the Hunter QCX can still achieve 1 shots from cloak, but only on other infiltrators, and only if they are not using the auxiliary shield, the crossbow can also damage armor with explosive bolts.

Hunter Cloaks (new)
    The new Hunter Cloaks are intended to support Sniper and CQB playstyles, and I will be more in-depth here as they are somewhat different from what is present in the game.

• Basic Hunter Cloaking, intended for snipers and would be unlocked by default, provides an effect similar to the minor cloak implant, but allows for completely cloaked repositioning, and a short window for the sniper to be spotted or even fired upon. It is also easy to use as it automatically recloaks you after your shot after a set delay, which should be long enough for average latency players to have a chance to see who is shooting them.
    • Hunter Nano-Armor Cloaking, intended for both Sniper, and CQB playstyles, allowing the infiltrator to attack out of cloak and be able to receive a bit more damage while uncloaked. It also allows for escape or even repositioning through hazardous areas to attack at a more advantageous angle.
    • Hunter Displacement Cloaking, is intended for Sniper, and CQB styles for quick relocation or flanking, and escape.

New Tools:
    • The new Handheld Cloaking Device tool allows for an infiltrator to reposition in near perfect stealth, not worrying about ability energy while sacrificing all offensive capability due to not having a weapon out while in use, but has the drawback that aware enemies should expect an attack from a non conventional vector due to the buzzing it makes while in use. Ideally, this will sound a little different between empires, allowing a keen ear to pick out enemy users.
    • The new Portable Cloak Generator tool allows for Infiltrators to support other infantry by allowing them to hide while they recover or reload, and support ambushes, adding more teamplay opportunities by allowing classes that don't normally cloak to attack from an unexpected vector.
    Implant Changes:
    The purpose of the Firewall change is to promote players to actually use it, and the class that would be most interested in protecting assets with it would be Engineers. The damage dealt to Infiltrators on breaking a firewall also provides a chance for assist EXP to be granted to the Engineer if the Infiltrator is killed before getting a chance to heal.

In closing, these changes would in theory,
    • Reduce the frustration and feeling of "unfairness" of getting OHK'd or losing a squad member before clientside lets them decloak on your screen.
    • Support more opportunities for counter-play against infiltrators beyond "git gud" and "darklight, lol"
    • Expand Infiltrator ability to assist in team play, and be rewarded for performing those roles.
    • Preserve the identity and attempt to respect investments players have made into these classes.
    • Improve the new player experience, both playing as, and fighting against this class.
    • Minimize the amount of changes that would have to be done to the class from a development standpoint. It's as simple as coding in new abilities and adding hack context to a few new items. (however simple or complicated that is, and doors as I described have been featured in the Containment update)

Thanks for reading! I welcome constructive feedback on this post to provide more information and feedback to any developer who happens to look in here. I have other opinions about the game that might improve the NPE (new player experience), but that's for another day and another thread. On an interesting but unrelated note, this is my first post in almost ten years! Wow!
    • Up x 4
  2. Shadowflare

I'd like to follow up with that this list is intended to bring awareness (if needed) about some of the frustrations with this class and provide options and ideas for the developers to look at. This is not meant to be taken as a single, immutable, monolithic unit of changes. Some of the ones like the handheld cloaking device are based on feedback I've seen and may be redundant if other fixes are applied to existing cloaks. Most of this is redundant if the game fixes the netcode to be significantly snappier.

For visibility, I am linking the reddit thread with feedback here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/un7qnq/infiltrator_rework_plan/
    • Up x 1
  3. Sumowning

So, let me start of by saying that there are plenty of mechanics in the game that benefit from 'latency' issues. I know you think you mean well when you're writing down a whole article about changing the Infiltrator. But I do have to say, that Infiltrators (and to a degree the entire PS2 Community bar from a loud minority) are getting really sick and tired of the same old myth that gets perpetuated by frustrated individuals on the receiving end.

Now, I don't know if that's the case for you and I'm not saying it is. But most of said frustration comes out of a misunderstanding on how the counters work, or out of a perceived 'invincibility' when you are in cover/reloading/not paying attention. Meaning, people often get irritated simply because they 'get caught with their pants down' and are looking to blame anything but their poor decision-making, lack of awareness or positioning thus creating the illusion of 'unfun gameplay'.

You got shot. There's an entire killcam that shows you from where you died, use it to your advantage.

Did you get dinked from an infil sitting on a hill? Don't put your back towards the hill next time.
    Did an Infil sneak up to you and knifed you? Secure your flanks.
    Did you lose an Infil you were hunting? Grab a Darklight.

Now as for this, specifically "and low (see: zero) time to kill weapons.".

People often think that TTK starts the moment you hit your first shot, which again is also not entirely true. As such metric cannot be applied to a 'One Hit Kill' weapon. As OHK weapons take a lot more setup and preparation, in order to get their shot off. This setup and prep are not considered to be part of the TTK, but they are.

The moment someone is taking cover, and a sniper has spotted you. That's when a TTK starts. This can take upwards of 1-2 seconds, including bullet travel time until it hits the target and they die. This is TTK, which still evens out with other classes.

You as person who is taking cover, are taking your time to heal up, wait for shield to regen, or reload your weapon are still 'in combat'. You are not safe.

The same counts for knifers and SMG users. If you get flanked by them, and you hear a decloak behind you and think it's unfair because you were dead "Before you could react". You can react. The cloaker has to go over to your position, get within breath-distance of you AND then he decloaks. If you leave your flank open and choose to focus on a single angle of combat, that's a mistake. You are leaving your flanks open to be exploited.

If the frustrated individuals would understand this, the fact that there are no safezones (other than spawns). That you are always in someone's crosshairs, that you need to cover your angles of engagement. They'd be a lot less frustrated and more understanding of the balance in the game.

This isn't a foreign concept either, every single FPS does this. Hell, if anything PS2 is incredibly lenient with TTK. In other FPS games a single stray bullet from a simple glock can end your run.

Also as someone who has repeatedly tried to get newer players into PS2, I can tell you. It's not infiltrators they hate. It's Heavy Assault that deters them from playing as them having access to a button that instantly grants them 450 effective HP. Is what tilts a fight in the HA's favor. But I digress.

As for Counter-play;

This again, also comes down to the way frustrated individuals perceive the attachment system.

People need to understand that when you choose a loadout and to some degree a class, you do NOT have the answer to everything in the game. Period. The issue is that people think they should have that. That they should be able to have an answer to everything without there being a downside.

If you choose to go without a Darklight on your gun, you make an active choice not to do so. (they even give you option to put it on your secondary weapon!!!)

If I choose to run a Infra-red implant, Infiltrator cloaks are completely invisible to me. My target acquisition, especially in low-light level conditions is increased by a lot. BUT I stand a very real chance to get stabbed, SMG'd or sniped by an Infil as I literally cannot see them.

I accept this, I accept that I willingly chose to run an implant making me stronger against others whilst weaker vs something else. So if I die, I don't get mad.

Equally, if you choose to run say.. A Laser on your gun instead of a Darklight. You are making that choice, if you die resulting of that choice. That's not the game forcing you, that is simply a result of your loadout choices.

Another prime example using the same argument in your post; Infiltrators are the ONLY class with no answer to vehicles, and frankly? It should stay that way. Not every class needs an answer to everything. If I see a MAX (or any vehicle that isn't a flash or javalin), I run away as Infil. As Medic, Engi, Light Assault, Heavy Assault. I can deal with it, because I can equip explosives. On the infil, I simply cannot deal with it and I accept this.
    In the same argument, why wouldn't a Heavy have access to both an AA and an AT launcher? Why should they have to trade in their AT launcher to deal with Aerial Threats, does the existence of air vehicles 'rob' you of a valueble Heavy Weapon slot? or vice versa? No, it does not. Just like the existence of a cloak, doesn't 'rob' you of an attachment.

In short;
    • People in Planetside will always, and I mean always find something to complain about even with changes made.
    • The class doesn't need changing, people's mentality does.
    • Dying in a video game is 'unfun' regardless of how it happened.
    • There's plenty of counterplay available, people make often make a choice to ignore it and thus end up dying and being 'unfun' gameplay for them.
    • New players have no issue with Infiltrators, they do with Heavy Assaults.
    • As much as 'git gud' is a bit of a toxic argument, it holds a truth where if people are unwilling to change, improve and learn ways to overcome a threat. Then really it's just that, you can't just expect the game needing to be changed around your unwillingness to improve and learn. That counts for any class and threat in the game really, not just Infils.
    • My apologies, for not addressing your changes. I can if you'd like, but the core argument I'm trying to have here is that there's no need for Infil changes, and that people mindset need to change, which has been needed for a while now.
    P.S. Some uses of the word 'your' or 'you', is not necessarily a dig at you as a person persee but more in general sense of 'you' the "People who follow this way of thinking" or are on the receiving end of an Infiltrator.
  4. Demigan

No what the entire PS2 community bar a loud minority is getting sick off is how a loud minority of infiltrator mains pretends that the majority of players who independently come up with the same problem that Infiltrators cause are somehow a loud minority.

Again, people independently figure out what is wrong with infiltrators and all point to the same problems. Namely that the infiltrators benefit too much from the latency system. Sure, all classes can somewhat make use of the Latency system, but the infiltrator is practically build around it.

We know perfectly well how the counters work, better even than the Infils apparently. The counters do the following:
    - Lack of range
    - bugged
    - Require you to nerf your loadout to counter a single class (no other class needs such a counter)
    - Trying to look for Infils requires you to open yourself up to attack from other classes who might enter as you are searching.

There is no good way to counter infils. Pretending otherwise is childish. It's not poor decision making, it's that there is no decision that you can make that is good and effective. I mean look at your pathetic example: If you are reloading you have just entered combat and survived, so you hop back behind cover to reload. This is the only safe space you can be in from your enemies, but somehow during that fight you had to be aware an infil was nearby and waiting for you to start reloading? What were you supposed to do, stop halfway through the fight and look for an Infil while getting shot at? Give up the fight and only look for Infils from now on? Not fire any shots and pretend to reload while waiting for an Infil to strike? There is quite literally no good way to handle that situation. Which is again creating the f#cking truth that it's not fun gameplay. It's not an illusion.

Only dip$hit infils get caught out by the killcam. Any fool still on that same spot and unable to ambush would-be retaliation from a respawning player. Hell pretty much nothing has changed on the situation after being killed by one, since knowing one is there does not mean you can actually best the cloak latency. Besides you already got killed by then and the harm has been done.

Yes! Put your back to the other enemies! Great idea! Wait, might there have been a reason that players were with their back to that hill and might there be a reason the Infil picked that particular spot? Gee it's almost as if Infiltrators have the ability to maximise their advantage in an unfair and unfun way!

Ah yes secure your flanks against a class designed to get in that flank unseen and attack when you least expect it. Got it! So easy when you put it like that! /s

Yes! A tight-coned, short-ranged, bugged light that signals I AM LOOKING FOR YOU WATCHOUT EVERYONE CAN SEE ME LONG BEFORE I EVEN ENTER A ROOM is perfect for searching for infiltrators! It's not as if the infiltrator can just bash your head in while you are focused on that tiny shortranged cone of vision because the Infil has a longer range, wider cone of vision... It's totally not an advantage having a longer, wider vision right? Nope! That Darklight is perfect and easy for finding Infils before the Infil finds and murders you!

That's all I'm taking time for. The absolute hypocricy and pathetic defense of obviously broken mechanics is just too much.
    • Up x 1
  5. brutes359

...Yea, what he said.
  6. warbrand2

YEah infiltrators need a heavy rework.

they are near impossible for the average player to deal with. I Have seen whole squads have problems with one infiltrator not because the infiltrator was good but because no one could find the bloody bastard or they never seemed to leave cloak.

On top of that, Seeing as the infiltrator has the most 1 shot weapons of any class combined with its lag filled cloak which gets better the worse the infiltrators internet is it isn't fun to fight.

Also I am tired of being called a hacker by an infiltrator when I blow them up with a claymore as I placed a mine in the one path they always take.But that will not change with a rework.
  7. Sumowning

I'm sorry, but if 1 whole squad has problems dealing with 1 infil. I got news for ya.. It's not the infil that's the problem.
    Have you tried our lord and savior, Darklight?

Really now? Most one-shot weapons of any class? That's a funny one. Considering a Commie OHK an Infil, shotguns, rocket launchers.

And we infiltrators are tired about the constant whining coming from a loud minority group of palyers unable to understand what to equip on a secondary gun.

Not gonna lie, this is the first sensible thing you've said.. Could you do me a favor, and like explain this very concept to others who share your frustrations. Cheers bud.
  8. Sumowning

Ah yes, the loud minority calling an entire class of players the loud minority.. Pot calling the kettle black there, friendo.

INDEPENDENTLY?! Wait, you're serious?

Literally all you see is a bunch of dudes who see it as too much effort to counter a class, and thus go to [insert medium here] be it forums, Reddit, in-game to whine about their shortcomings.

They then blow smoke up eachother's **** in a giant echochamber of salt-fueled commentary and non-arguments based on their 'fun'.

Yeah, it does all point to the same problem. It's called a skill issue, and that's not even meant as insulting that's just true. People don't have the skill to deal with a playstyle so they complain about it. Welcome to online competitive gaming!

What even is that rebuttal? What even are you referring to?

- An SMG has bad range, and a sniper is bad against close range.
    - ... Wat?
    - Ah yes that chewed out argument.. Just like one need to nerf yourself against ground vehicles to take care of ESF's with an AT launcher.
    - That literally counts FOR EVERY PLAYER. Oh I'm looking for/shooting this person, and then get killed by another.

You keep believing that, and tell me exactly how that's been working for ya.

I straight up am not going to read the rest of that, literally the pot calling kettle black.
    Hypocritical, pathetic, based-on-feelings, copium, extended-ragetell arguments.

What I said.
  9. Sumowning

Broken 'Mechanics' defined by whom? People who always die to them? No bias here, right?
    Sorry, but nobody cares what the average rage-yeller in-game or forums think about the class they just get murked by.

Not to mention, Warbrand actually mentioned one of the very things I've said to do from the getgo.

Place mines.
  10. Sumowning

Eh, consider yourself and your commentary ignored and reported.

Not worthy of my time.
  11. warbrand2

As you can see he once again proves he doesn't actually care and just wants to throw hate.

EDIT: I mean if it wasn't worth his time he would have reported and ignored with out calling attention to it.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ausslendiiv

So as an Infil player, I like a lot of these changes that you said and planned on making something myself for it. Especially for Stalkers. Stalkers aren't really designed to be assassins, they're designed to disrupt the enemy through various tactics. Personally one other equipment idea I had for the recon dart/scanner thing was instead a portable jammer which messes with the minimap and prevents those within from spotting targets or seeing spots. Perhaps even hacking Sunderers to allow your team to spawn on those for a limited time.

Give the Stalkers something to be more disruptive, and real stealth players will probably enjoy it. Even if they aren't getting kills, they're causing chaos which helps their team get kills. Being a pseudo-support behind enemy lines.

Personally I'd also like them to get a small C4-styled item for damaging vehicles and equipment, while doing reduced damage to players for instance. Something for breaking the formation. It doesn't even have to do a lot of damage, it just has to scare them into thinking "holy ****, what hit me?" People will bring out dark light flashlights, sure, but just keep moving.

Imo, dark lights are pretty annoying, but it's a counter to someone causing absolute chaos behind your lines. Once they bring those out, you should be running far away until things settle down and you can start ******* things up once more.
    • Up x 1
  13. darktr00per4

Here's my thoughts, Original Planeside had a cloaked ability, That ability could be used all the time constantly but moving made you much more visible and you were seen on thermals. You could only carry One weapon and a knife such as a pistol or Automatic pistol and had no armor and just health. Main purpose was to hack bases / back cap and start a capture as well as provide intel for the rest of the team. Sniping didn't exist for the original class. There was no SMG or Shotgun or Cloaked four wheeler with a shotgun attachment. The cloaker was very weak and had no shields or armor but had the biggest advantage of being invisible and could not go up against heavy assaults or any significant force. It could fire its weapon while cloaked and sometimes get the drop on one or maybe two opponents but would become more visible because of it and most likely die from the encounter..

The class was limited because it could be invisible and a very powerful asset for back capping and hacking.

Now in PS2 they reworked the entire class and gave it an assortment of weapons while taking away its biggest asset which was the ability to hack the main terminal to capture bases and stay cloaked permanently. The class is a bit odd and doesn't have a real purpose like many other classes do aside from assaulting and being nothing but a cheap nuisance that is pissing more and more of the community off.

While yes you can hack enemy terminals its not very useful aside form select circumstances. The class is focused around sniping which is a nice force multiplier but that was also available to everyone in the original game which helped cut down on the constant ghost sniping and random instant death. (The reload times were also much longer for the OG bolt driver and sometimes forced you to carry two for hot swapping)

They turned the cloaker into another assaulter class instead of adding in elements to the game that emphasized the need for and infiltrator. The infiltrator doesn't do much infiltrating. It would be nice to see the class be reworked and for the game to incorporate more uses for an Infiltrator class instead of the current odd sniper/SMG/Shotgun/Backstabber class that it is now.

On a side note it is a nice KD booster if you need one to just play and Solo as an Infil.
    • Up x 1
  14. The Wolf

Well originally in Planetside 1 there were not classes specifically. You would set your own loadout so it could be a hacking Rexo. Even as a Rexo I carried a med gun and repair gun. Cause armor had to be repaired with the BANK. It was exo-suits you could choose from such as:
    Standard Exo-Suit (aka PJs)

Agile Exo-Suit (aka Agile)

Reinforced Exo-Suit (aka Rexo)

Infiltration Suit (aka Cloaker)

As well MAXs were Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit and were classified as Infantry and not a vehicle. Because it was more like a Bionic enhancement suit for the soldier. Implants had to be installed at HART and could only support 2 implants but you had to select out of like the 10 different ones. Honestly I prefer PS1 to PS2 now days. Your armor would also change color based on your BR at specific BRs.

It is more enjoyable the fights are fun. Ya the graphics are dated but there was not hard set class system. We had BFRs (Mechs) and such. LLU was nothing like the CTF crap we have here. You had to run from the enemy base to your base with the LLU or catch a ride with someone and hope no one blew you up before you could turn it in. We didn't have jetpacks other than the VS in PS1. VS couldn't shoot into water because the lore was the energy would dissipate once it hits the water. Was the idea behind it. If you got surrounded by VS run into the water and shoot them haha.

Which made it less of an annoyance. Ya infantry could still take out a vehicle but PS1 had better mechanics didn't have a crap ton of weapons. Sanctuary only had your faction in it which made sense because we would discuss battle plans there. We had Medical Terminals on top of actual base power supply not this weird base building stuff. Honestly just in general PS1 was better imho.
    • Up x 1
  15. darktr00per4

it was simpler and had just enough in it to make it great and not enough to make it over the top, out of balance or weird. I do prefer PS1 to PS2. I am just hoping we can all work to shae PS2 better than it is now.
    • Up x 2
  16. tigerchips

I think you're totally wrong though, the new player experience actually killed this game like it did with Battlefield. They worked on a tutorial and a daft costruction update instead of fixing bugs, fixing performance, etc. They tried to balance stuff but kept adding new weapons which were OP. They decreased the power of land vehicles against infantry. They also added unnesasary implants to an already poorly implemented and clustered implant system. They even nerfed the Bastion and Max when there was nothing really wrong with them. Both are team based vehicles, both recieved bad reception to it's nerf, both of which are still nerfed.

"Small unoccupied vehicles should be able to be hacked and hijacked. (Flashes, Javelins)."
    This would add more function to infiltrators, and perhaps the vehicle could be taken over by anyone who enters. But here's a suggestion, add the Valk to that list, that'll stop them from dropping Valks all over the place with nobody in them.

"Spotting voice callouts while cloaked can no longer be heard by enemies / or is significantly quieter. (we have radios or communicators, don't we?)"
    I'm guilty of this, spotting players is automatic for me. I have a sneaky feeling though that this will be implemented in an implant at some point.

"Handheld Cloaking Device - This device activates a superior cloak even when moving while equipped and the button is engaged, however it makes a distinct buzzing noise."
    Battlefield 2142 style, i would not say no to this if implemented correcly. it must not be heard at long or medium range though.