Infiltrator needs c4...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Noremac_Kellcamer, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Daimaru

I play mainly infiltrator and I say "Nay!". I can imagine and see that it would be so much fun but, no, it would definitely be OP.
    • Up x 1
  2. Casterbridge

Don't see giving infiltrators C4, however I could see them giving you guys some sort of temporary vehicle disables, sort of like anti-vehicle EMPs, maybe even outright vehicle hacking, at least for NS vehicles.

So you could use the anti-vehicle EMP to disable the vehicle to force the pilot out, kill them, hack the vehicle and drive off.
  3. VonStalin

infiltrator needs invisibility, thats all he needs.
  4. Dramonicous

Im for giving infiltrators C4, it wont be a huge diffrence compared to a LA using C4 anyway.
    But it should come at a cost.
    They should have to give up both primary and secondary weapons for it, leaving them with C4, utility (medkit/mine) knife and spotter. I think that would make a very interesting new role for infiltrator to fill.

Knife would occupy primary slot (its always visible when equipped) and have a very slightly faster refire rate (below 10%), C4 on secondary, then spotter and utility.
    This would be very balanced, and might actually make some tank farmers slot radar which barely anyone uses.

Also anyone who spends more than 50% of his play time in a tank have no say in this matter.

FYI
    You can already go LA put C4 on a flash, then go infil and cloak it
    Then drive into backside of a tank and fire ur fury. It takes a while longer but you cant protect urself against it.
    A infiltrator sneaking up on you then you have every chance in the world to detect him if your actually paying attention to your surroundings... BUT I guess thats something you tankers cant or dont wanna do.

FYI-2
    Sunderers got shields now which are insanely strong + regen. You would need quite a few infiltrators to gibb it and there are most certainly better ways of achieving the same goal.
    Off topic, the shield can even be used offensively when pushing forward in territory controlled by enemy air.
    • Up x 2
  5. DrBash00

Nice Idea Dramonicous, i reall think this would be interesting.
  6. ezaroo

Sorry but it would make a huge difference lol, cloak plus sensor shield and regardless of having no weapons apart from c4 I could walk around undetected (even by radar) and destroy everything apart from sundys, libs and gals... Now as much as I love hate tells, I don't want my entire chef box filled with the rage and years of tankers...

The fact is we can play any class we want at any time! Lots of tanks? Ohh I'll swap class... No more tanks...

AV option for infis? Well go behind them, hack terminal, take tank, kill tanks.

Ohh and wraith bombing.

Basically no. I like the fact this game has vehicles, invisible c4 bombs would remove them from they game... Seriously until this update you could stick c4 to stalker infi and just walk into the middle of some tanks and bye bye tanks. Not once have I been caught doing this. See this wasn't a big deal because it took two people and wasn't exactly quick. Now if every single infi with a few hundred certs had the same power, every tank would instantly explode, everywhere!

And esfs - ohh your going for ammo? Better shoot the whole landing pad before you land... Cause I'd be waiting there to c4 you...

Ohh you've for a huge group of people in cover? You think AI mine suicide bombing is bad! Two c4 boom everyone dies. Ohh but 17 infis were doing it not just one? Well that's unfortunate...

Ohh you have a sunderer? Here come those 17 c4 infis... Nope you don't spawn here.

Yeah c4 on an infi wouldn't be an av option, in fact even on LAs, it is an anti-everything weapon. The game would just be c4 explosions everywhere.

Just incase anyone ever suggests this idea again, don't the game would actually be over. Completely over.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pseudo Neo

While it would be quite fun to sneak up to a tank and give it an explosive enema while cackling Dr. Claw style it certainly isn't balanced. If this was implemented you would never again be able to keep a sunderer deployed anywhere. Out of nowhere a couple of infiltrators appear and no amount of flak, rockets, or vigilant infantry will keep them back. I've sneaked up to many actively spawning sunderers as an infil and just sat beside it doing nothing just because I could. It would be a game breaking event to just give the one class you can't locate easily a weapon that destroys everything in the game with relative ease.

TL;DR
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Linheru

C4 is for plebs. Give me back vehicle jacking already!
  9. Xasapis

Why don't we give infiltrators pump action shotguns while we're at it?
    • Up x 1
  10. ElSuerte Diego

You can use c4 as an infiltrator, you just need a buddy to stick some bricks of c4 on you HAMAS style. Also do it on cloaked flashes.
    • Up x 2
  11. Nehlis

Ive been pushing the idea of a vehicle lockdown device, sorta like a emp version of c4. No direct damage, but prevents the target from moving and removes HUD temporarily. This way there is a reason for infiltrators to sneak up on tanks, without being able to solo destroy them. Useless when alone, devastating when used in cohesion with allied forces.
  12. shahryar

I partially agree mostly because I played a sapper in ps1. So I feel we need something maybe a timed explosive for taking down generators respawn tubes consoles etc basically a sabotage ability. And not anti vehicular either
  13. K2k4

I think that infiltrator stealth should reflect tank shells back at the tanker. It makes sense because nanites.

Implement this SOE.

Really though, I don't think we need C-4. We could probably use more reliable defenses against tanks, though, because we can't do diddly against them right now. Hiding is fine, but what about tanks which are within 300 meters and there for more than 12 seconds, what do we do against that kind of problem?
  14. Moonheart

C4 no, but I'd like an utility pouch....
  15. STR1D3R109

No need for C4, just roll with a buddy and throw a spawn beacon next to a deployed sundy so he can jump down and murder it ;P
  16. miraculousmouse

You do realize that tanks aren't a threat to infiltrators unless they are like 20-30 metres away (or less). I'm more at risk to death by flash.
  17. Fraper

Hell no !

C4 is used not only to kill tanks but to farm maxes and infantry as well. We have flying fairies that insta gib maxes and infantry around them in one brick giving them easy multi kills, now imagine an infiltrator sneaking up a whole group and C4 them (its not like they cant do it with Claymores,BB now but still)

But if you realy want to damage wehicles make inf AP mines deal some dmg to vehicles but not as much as C4 or AV mines, 1/3 of it shouldnt hurt the balance i gues, but it had to be tested first on the field ...

Also some kind of vehicles sabotage sounds very nice and shouldnt hurt the balance much.

For example hacking the tanks turret so it wont be able to turn around for about 30 seconds could be fun and wouldnt completly disable the vehicle from fight but make its life bit harder, or disabling its reverse abilty so it could drive only forward for those lets say 30 seconds.

But all in all, once that happens vehicles health should be buffed then.