Infiltrator Directive Armor Reward

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rohxer, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Rohxer

I hadn't seen this posted before, nor have I seen any in-game yet. So I had no idea really what it would look like.

From the picture, I thought this would be glowy white.

Turns out it's the same color as the auraxium weapon camo, and "flows"/moves like it as well. Applied to shoulders, knees, shins, and... belt. 5 minutes after putting it on I was told by a TR that he thought I was a VS.. Hard to tell from the screenshot, but I do think the NC version does have a slight purplish tint in-game. Though that could be a byproduct of the yellow camo I have equipped in addition to the armor.

If anyone has the VS (or TR) version I'd be interested in seeing it.

[IMG]
  2. RavenCZ

Id had a TR version and it looks like very dark red not so shiny . It looks definitely better then I expected . And Im sorry but I cant post a image of it right now .
  3. Vaphell

imo the armor looks like a piece of glowy garbage. I put it on my stock NC infil and facepalmed hard how out of place it looked. Whitish/greyish/washed out blue and then this eyeball devouring neon blue o_O
    How many bucks would i have to spend to not look like an ***?
  4. Rohxer

Behold: the stock NC infiltrator.

Paired with some of the camos though it's not too bad, but then you've got to pay cash. :p Same deal though if you want to hide the blue bra with regular composite armor (which this is based off of).

But - I think it's the first "free" cosmetic you can get from doing in-game activities. That's gotta be worth something, right? A way to lose the bra without paying! ;)

[IMG]
  5. Vaphell

well, there were one time camos given away as WDS rewards. I had some, but i think i lost them by careless clicking. It would be strange though, i had no business clicking much on appearance as a f2p plebe and pretty much never did... i should have like 10 of them. Oh well, they sucked *** too. Also i think all players got one camo for free for filling up the questionnaire.

And let's not forget the reward for golden snowman's head :)
  6. cruczi

Honestly... I think the auraxium gear looks hideous. All of it. It basically makes a military person look like a stage actor in a cheap home made costume made of some torn leftover fabrics.
    • Up x 2
  7. Seuchensaal

Everytime I see those armor-parts on my death-screen I quietly ask myselt:
    "Was the guy who made them blind? How can you design something that plain ugly?"

Those parts do not fit to any armor/camo,they just look like a graphic-bug and not like a reward.
  8. CuteBeaver

I think nooblets are also given a camo for free at the class quiz, but yeah. I have almost mistaken the indigo colors for purple myself. Curious if the mat black camo is going to make this even more interesting. You should make some disguise cammy.
  9. Rohxer

This is the best I think I can do for VS:

[IMG]

Tanished Hearts + Death's Head helmet + Amerish Bloom decal.

Now if I could only get rid of the blue triangle on top of my head...
  10. Rikkit

take the hooded playerstudio helm. it looks even ore like vs.
  11. NanoBitSplit

Here's the VS version which I just got last night. It's more pink than purple and kind of glows in certain lighting environments, and only has little 'tabs' at the sides of the waist instead of a full belt like the NC's. It looks kind of okay with Viper camo because it's almost the same off-purple shiny color, but looks pretty dumb with the normal black suit.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Jac70

I think they need to tone down the effect, looks to garish at present. I like the concept of a material with a flowing iridescent texture and I really like the mechanic of having something you can apply to show off a bit. Just mute the contrast a little.

I'd also like to see this material added to the faction colour plating of vehicles rather than having Lumifiber.
  13. Moz

God f-in damn it!

I was realllly hoping it wasnt compo****e for the Infiltrator!

Just Auraxium Lumifiber would have been fine....
  14. Mustarde

15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

How about a fitting Decal?
    "I got thousands of Kills, fulfilled dozens of senseless directives, and all I got was this ugly Armor!" :D