Infiltrator cloak not working anymore since Colossus Update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Behtobus, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Behtobus

Since Colossus Update, infiltrators' cloak pretty much have no effect anymore. I've been able to spot a few infiltrators who were actually cloaked and it worked for them, but I've seen many more cases where infiltrators acted as if they were cloaked (not shooting and "hoping" no one saw them) while I saw them very clearly (no cloak effect). When I use my cloak, the "effect" of the cloak is applied on my character, but you can see all the colors through it. So basically it's as if I had a cloak "coating" but that I didn't turn invisible at all.
    • Up x 6
  2. Darmmesser

+1 cloak doesn't work
  3. Behtobus

EDIT : I just tested it to make sure. Basically the cloak works perfectly fine until you use something from the Tactical Slot (in my case, it was the AUX Spitfire auto-turret). Then the bug triggers. You need to actually spawn the Spitfire auto-turret to trigger the cloak bug, otherwise you can still cloak normally without the bug.
    • Up x 1
  4. Quimcity

There is no Aux Spitfire turret since the colossus update . But I can confirm it is ok until I use it's replacement, the ordanance device, then it goes wrong
    • Up x 1
  5. chayne

Same cloak is not working, the cloaking sound works, the cloak meter works, but the actual cloaking does not. I did nothing with the tactical slot, I just uncloaked and could not cloak again. Ordinance dmapner breaks stealth and then I am unable to recloak again,
    • Up x 1
  6. Behtobus

You're right Quimcity, it's when using the ordnance dampener that the bug occurs. I Was using the aux spitfire before the update and i never noticed it had changed to the dampener :p
  7. Behtobus

UPDATE : Just found out the bug is specifically caused by the Ordnance Dampener field itself. When cloaking inside of it, that's when it occurs
    • Up x 2
  8. suicidalhamster45

yep just tested this out didn't use the dampener,but went through a friendly one and then bug happened
  9. Caesar_REDMIST

The issue for me is that when I cloak most of hands and weapon do not cloak so it is hard to understand and remember if I am cloaked.
  10. Vordrakis

If it is caused by the Dampener, the bug continues forever after (until relog I presume).

I could no longer cloak, or at least I could see myself as if uncloaked. I just decided to hide for "real".
  11. Fragsteel

This happened to me once last week, but while I could see myself, the other factions didn't seem to be able to. I just played like normal and did about as well as normal, except it was a bit harder for me to verify when my cloak was on or off.

I also did not notice this effect on other players - @Behtobus when you saw it on other players, was it friendlies, enemies, or both? I'm wondering if there's a faction-specific 'material' used for the graphics effect that gets messed up.