[BUG] Infiltrator and long range rendering

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by M(a)trix, Jan 16, 2013.

1. M(a)trix

Yesterday there was a very big battle between Crossroads and the Crown. Lots and lots of infantry was fighting there. And as result I was able to see infantry only 20 (maybe 30) meter away. It just won't render any futher.

Why do we need uber long range sniper rifles? What is the purpose of infiltrators in such battles?

I know it can be a limitation of engine but still...
  2. SeraphC

This is nothing new. The server automatically balances the range at which targets render. More people = less range. As far as I know they're working to improve it.
  3. M(a)trix

Yeah, I know. It just interesting what should I do as infiltrator with 12x scope in such situations...
  4. Konfuzfanten

switch to heavy assault or if you really wanna stick with the inf: 6x scope.

Personally i switch between heavy and inf depending on the situation.
  5. M(a)trix

This will be offtopic in mine own topic but still :)

I've also noticed that you don't deal damage to targets you don't see. For example if you shoot from Dalton (Liberator) to far ground, you can see explosions and also 100% percent sure that there are lots of infantry but no damage/kill indication.

Is this the same limitation, bug or I'm missing something?
  6. Konfuzfanten

Im 90% sure that if you fire at ppl outside rendering distance in PS2 you wont hit. I have at least shot after ppl i KNOW was there with tanks/planes/sniper and i got no hit, got closer and saw they were at the exactly the same position, realign the shot inside rendering distance and got the kill.
  7. Jests

Generally, there is very little use for x12 magnification. Especially if you're at a big battle like this.

However, the best advice i can give (as I had, and created a thread about, the same problem) is to work your way to the outskirts more to increase your rendering distance. Friendlies do count toward the maximum amount of people you can render, and if you're standing in a big clump of friendlies your render distance goes down.

Get away from the friendlies, and you'll be able to see more enemies.
  8. Wobberjockey

until they fix rendering, 10 x is the biggest scope you'll ever need to use.

i personally use a 8 the majority of the time i'm sniping, or i'm using a ghost with a 4x