Infilitrator haters, less talk, put up stats

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by KukKung, Dec 30, 2012.

1. KukKung

ok, infiltrator does have it downfalls, but i love the sniper in all games. i hear alot of complaints, but the real question is how are you actual stats in the game. i have complained a lot about the cons, but bottom line is i still do way better with the infiltrator than i do any other class.

started with everything all classes, and vehicles and my K/D was something like 0.44 had about 900+ kills to something like over 2000+ deaths, then i rebuilt/restarted and strictly played the infiltrator and now my stats are

K/D 1.86 506/271 kill/death
    76 faculties captured
    157 assist

breakdown.

pistol: 28 kills
    rifle: 363 kills
    grenade: 2 kills
    claymore: 53 kills
    Turrets: 19 kills
    Sundy: 10 kills
    tank: 7 kills

not the greatest but im still on the plus side of things. im curious to know for all those who have complained about the infiltrator what your stats are if there that horrible.
  2. KukKung

also not taking into account is the countless spotting bonus's i got, if i had 506 kills i could easily say while killing those enemy i would have spotted atleast 5x enemies for bonus 5x500=2500 bonus that someone got kills from my support, and 5x spotting is probably a low end, spotting enemies going up the teleporters onto the bios where they come in flocks, also the the number of shots missed due to enemies either moving or me missing, my kill potential if was really good could be in thousands.

all and all i can't really complain, till the stats prove otherwise
  3. gunshooter

1.8 isn't a good kd. I can do 2-2.5:1 as cqc Infiltrator (lots of these are kills from mines which don't really count) but then I can go play HA and just run in and kill 5+ every life without trying. Infiltrator is far more effort and risk for far worse payoff.

Of course this isn't sniping. Having a better KD when sniping is normal because you aren't putting yourself at risk, so you die less, duh.
  4. Dr. Euthanasia

• Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

If you put a little attention to this forum, you'll see almost no one here is complaining about sniping. Sniping is more or less fine, the problem is all the rest.
    • Up x 4
  6. KukKung

sure there can be some fixes, just the other day i went 38K for 3Deaths, at one point i stayed alive for well over an hour. snipping at a bio where all 3 factions where fighting. complaints i hear are the cloak sound and duration and sway. if you gave inf. perm. cloak/ no sound, better pistol and no sway, you would litterly be almost invincible.

as for infiltrating, one, why would you try and go and hack a tonne of stuff when theres a massive battle going on, i have managed to hack turrets and gun down some tanks before being killed, so not impossible and on that 38/3 run, after losing the bio, and enemies have left, is where the inf comes in handy, went down, hacked the vehicle term, spawn a sundy, teleport up into the dome, place claymores on point B, and C and by then your troops have come in, i have taken/started plenty of facility captures this way. getting there after the enemy has either just left or abonded it.

i would love to see some fixes. but you would have to agree if they did those, you would have planetside 2 full of snipers. no sound, perminate invisibility, better cloak camo, pistol, claymores, no sway. besides a plan with IR, or infintry with IR thats within 50m of you, who else is going to stop you then?

im an average player, if i can go on a 20+ kill run with what i have now, think of the possiblities of someone who is good or has all those new abilities.
  7. iller

I'll gladly share my stats Sometime in January after they (hopefully) fix this FPS problem:

I also agree that anything less than 2.0 KDR means you're doing something wrong as an Inf... (or in my case the game is doing something wrong to you). Everytime you respawn you should atleast get 2 darts, 2 mines, and 1 chance to headshot someone from their Blindside = 1.5 guaranteed kills. When FPS is where it should be, mine looks like this:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/CSS/PS_scoresnippet6.jpg
    And in games with hitscan sniping, it can go this high:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/CSS/Tribes_scores8_OCd.jpg

On the other hand... that doesn't change the fact that this isn't a "real" Class. Right now everything in this Game revolves around Vehicles which we can't affect directly. Our "ability" is the only one in the game that's rendered completely useless by higher graphics settings and ESF's with NightVision. Our primary "advantage": Sniping, is a lot easier to do with an MBT or ESF b/c the projectile collision hulls are like 10x the size of our Sniper Bullets (I snipe infantry constantly with ESF guns, there's basically no spread or falloff). Our "Tool" doesn't generate ANY XP directly like every other classes Tools tend to do and it doesn't even WORK for us when the minimap is crowded with crap.

And Even with the mines & Suppressor plus awesome "QuickScope" skills? .... we're rendered useless at close range as well the instant an ESP'er with REAL wall hacks shows up (and yes this game has TONS of undetectable ESP'ers in it right now). Also, We can't climb up steeper surfaces to get to the best sniping nests fast enough. So yeah, this class is the easiest one to hate on because it doesn't actually do anything unique beside hack Terminals for 25 lousy base XP while the guys who brought AMS Sunndys instead are just absolutely RAKING in the XP.
  8. Kalocin

9. KukKung

well i think the class is pretty balanced, infilitrating may not be the greatest, but i usually only do empty bases to start up takeover or turrets, odd time ill take a vehicle spawn and set up a claymore. either way i think the class is good, having fun with the sniper so far today im 44/9 K/D :)
  10. sharknice

BR 20
    K/D a little over 3
    I almost exclusively play infiltrator. But I pilot a Reaver a lot and that is where most of my deaths come from. I'm probably right around 1.0 K/D while using a Reaver which lowers my overall K/D a lot.

I regularly go on 10+ kill streaks as an infiltrator sniping. I do okay in close combat using the NC pistol, but only because I'm just way better than other people. As an infiltrator you probably have about a 25% chance of winning against an equal player using another class in close to mid range, but that is okay because you have the advantage in long range.

I think the infiltrator is probably the weakest class but it isn't terribly imbalanced.
    The only thing that 100% needs to change is the severely limited draw distance. If infantry always rendered at 500+ meters the infiltrator would be a good class and I don't think anything would need to be changed.

Cloak isn't very effective at all at close or medium range and it probably should be harder to see a cloaked infiltrator. I like how they have the different tiers of cloaking with crouching being the least visible and running being more visible. They just need to make each of these tiers less visible than they are now.
  11. Dubious

I get far more kills and far better K/D ratio in my lightning than I ever get as a sniper
  12. Synobal

.8 KD I think? I'm mostly rolling with my squad and doing stuff that they need done rather than trying to get kills. Also I'm not entirely sure KD is a good measurement to determine if the infiltrator is broke or not. Because at the end of the day sniping isn't bad.
  13. Sconna

I usually have a 4 K/D ratio while playing infiltrator. My playstyle is very aggressive running in midranging with the auto sniper and it's very effective because it takes 1 headshot and a bodyshot to kill someone or 3-4 bodyshots.
  14. PanzerGoddess

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=teambetaalpha

its a little out dated. I am BR 37 atm so Id have to take an SS to see what I am actually atm. But these stats are from using the TSAR-42 in cqc, everything our outfit does is cqc, so we are always in the ****. We defend alot if we can or we push ahead and take smaller outposts and either end of defending or getting pushed back by whatever zerg. Like Sconna we are very aggressive, however we are all cqc as well the occasional medium range, that only happens if we are assaulting a base or defending one when we have distance as an advantage.
  15. PanzerGoddess

you can bring your % up if you have the environment on your side as well. If I had to guess Id say I have around a 60% at close range, thats against equals. I am TR so I do have the TXR Pistol which at close range is devastating, and with the use of the TSAR-42 with 4x scope, one shot + knife will kill anyclass except a heavy that is using his nano.

Your right as far as squishy, infy is the weakest, but overall I dont think infy is weak at all.

My biggest weakness...tanks lol...oh thats right, I dont have anything to combat those :rolleyes:
  16. KukKung

well i still manage to hack terminals and spawn sundys with ASM, and hack turrets and still snipe, and do a ton of Q spotting spam. may not infiltrate as much but truth is, theres not much to infiltrate as it is, usually the turrets and stations are already blown up. or if you do manage to get in and hack them, 5mins later they have been hacked back or blown up.

sniping is way over powered now, i think im BR 30, and any given moment i can drop pod into instant action and get 20/1 KD. so far my top best is 92/8 and 72/3 K/D. lately on a 3 hour game session i have no problem hitting the 50+ kill mark and getting around 3 K/D average that includes using vehicles, hacking, CQC.

i find that infiltrating is not that bad and not to difficult, just the payout is not worth it, to only be able to hack 3 items before there is a cool down to gain xp. funny thing is i usually die more often in vehicles or by suicide from falling off some cliff or high ledge than i do by infiltrating or sniping. that 92/8 probably would have been more like 92/3 if i didnt inf to get ammo, or use vehicles or suicide off cliffs. and if i didnt quite the game who knows how many more kills icould have gotten.
  17. Bloodmyth

I play both inf to snipe and LA to infiltrate or run with my outfit so my overall kd is lower than when I snipe which after logging off from a mainly snipe afternoon will be around 4-5 kd, but my LA is around 1.5 often less, the difference being that I have more fun playing the LA but I'm better with the sniping.
  18. drNovikov

Today I got some 30+ streaks at my favorite hunting groung and got accused of 'permacloak hacking', lol. I saw them looking for me and shot them in the back of their skulls :)
  19. iller

Why the **** did you Necro this?? Guess I have to repeat myself:
    OP doesn't understand logic....

Posting careeer stats for a Career-Infiltrator user, and those stats being LOWER, rightfully indidcates the exact opposite of what he's hoping to prove. The entire intent of his argument is to shame anyone with below average stats (under a 1.25 KDR) yet his own Stats mean nothing because the sample size is so small and also indicates that he's NOT a career Infiltrator anyway.

I'll show him how it's done:
    My typical KDR in other games with Hitscan Sniping:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/CSS/Tribes_scores8_OCd.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/CSS/KDR_ocd-9.jpg
    http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/CSS/KDR_ocd-7.jpg
    HSK + Leaderboarding: http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/TF2/headshots.jpg
    VIDEO: (outsniping an AIMBOTTER till he ragequits):
    In-Game snippet after a getting camped and farmed in a biolab then flipping it around into a Sniping spree:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ill_er/CSS/PS_scoresnippet3.jpg

Seems legit right? Should have atleast a 2.0 KDR here excluding any extended periods of defending bases against Zergs (LOL ya rite), Right? .... nope... it's way way lower than that. Still got a high HSK(head shot kill ratio), but I can't even link my real stats b/c PSU stopped UPDATING them when I was a lowby. But last I checked, it was around a 0.85 or something awful with more Mine kills than actual Rifle kills. (and like 100 pistol & knife kills). WHY?

...B/c this class (& engine) has a ridiculously high ratio of "Artificial" difficulty injected into it for anyone who isn't getting 60-120 FPS and pings under 40ms at all times. And even for those people, there's still the larger issues of you only being as good as your opponent is bad. IE: inconsistent Cloaking mechanics & Art/sound resources, just plain BAD sub-sonic bullet physics, failtacular Draw Distance limits and even worse Occluding policies by SOE, hilariously disruptive Flinching & Screen Shake mechanics, utter helplessness against Vehicles which tend to be present in nearly every encounter everywhere but the CROWN, and even down to tiny little aesthetic details like our Neon-Suit Trim.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  20. AlphaMiC

*cough*

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=KukKung
    • Up x 1