Infantry weapon changes - 12/12/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by joshua, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Catch23

Trac-5 also got changed.
    Shoots more inacurate on Test than on Live. So its not only the .75 move carbs.
    It's about as acurate in ADS as the Jag used to be after tomorrow while lacking .75 move, soft point ammo, advanced Laser variant.

So more recoil for TR. Trac-5 still ok
  2. KodiakX

I've given you plenty of arguments.

You're too busy attempting to dismiss what I have to say based on irrelevant criteria to respond to it. Or you're too busy repeating the same nonsense over and over as if the louder/longer you say it then it'd suddenly become fact, true or any more relevant to the conversation.

It doesn't.
  3. Catch23

1x-4x BASR without sway on Test. These were the best sniper rifles already. You could use them without holding breath practicing it a bit. Now you don't have to if this goes live.

While they are at it they should give sniper bullets some splash damage. Really.
  4. Eskim0

I totally disagree with the bolt action sniper rifle limitations. Here is a video from someone who shares this conclusion.

The 600m headshot is possible, I have done it and many others have also. It is the most effective way to deal with people on platforms just farming kills. Be sure to try for it before the nerf comes down, it is cathartic.

5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Alright Harold Camping, I guess we'll just have to wait for the snipacolypse you predict.
  6. KodiakX

I had to look up that reference. Bravo.
    • Up x 1
  7. Phos!

As it is the trac 5 kind of just scatters bullets all over the place. More recoil isn't OK for this gun.
  8. TsubasaKuroi

9. Phos!

read down a few tweets, and:

So I don't know what this actually means now. Was that in the patch that went up a bit ago?
  10. SharpeShooter

why soe think messing with hip fire is needed is just beyond me! They should be spending time sorting more content rather than messing with **** that does not need changing!
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

It is to make them more different from asault rifles.
  12. BTG1

Do not limit the range of 1 headshot kills on bolt action rifles!!! The only reason why a sniper is worth having is for range. 200-300 meters for a bolt action 1 headshot kill is a horrible range. Why even have a 12x zoom at that range. Battle rifles will still be able to take you out at that range. The whole point of the sniper rifle is to get beyond the range of other rifles.

You already have the sniper having to hold his breath to get the sights from bouncing all over the place. Other rifles don't have their sights bouncing all over the place before they shoot. Horrible decision guys. Give GREATER RANGE for bolt action rifle 1 headshot kills please. 300m max is not good enough.
  13. Catch23

Looks like post patch carbs will neither be whats currently on Test nor how they are on Live.

.75 guns get more recoil but supposedly not as random as on Test. They penalized guns like the Trac-5 as well, although not .75 move. And this could be reverted. We will see
  14. BTG1

You still haven't addressed any of Kodiakx's points directly. You keep beating around the bush. You should be a politician. Long range sniping is a complete different arena. It is limited in almost every way compared to the other characters. The only advantage that sniping has is its range over other weapons. Taking away the range renders long range sniping useless and non-existent. Why have a sniper at all if you do that? Why not just give everyone a shotgun and limit everyone to 25m so they mindlessly run around shooting? Long range sniping is a different style of play and opens up the door to more strategies and tactics.
  15. BTG1

You haven't said much at all.
  16. RogueVindicare

Wtf is wrong with you? You're really going to tell me you kill people with your sniper at 300m+ regularly? Or that you feel threatened by a Battle Rifle user at 250m?

I'm an avid sniper enthusiast, but this is the type of stuff that makes other players hate us. 300m is actually quite a lot, as in normal infantry render range, a lot. Is it possible to see enemies beyond this range? Under odd circumstances, occasionally. Do you REALLY need to be able to shoot at people at that range?

No, you don't.
    • Up x 2
  17. Catch23

anybody who kills me me with a BR at +100m can have all my stuff

these guys have no clue about distances in PS2 like the vast majority of players who also believe that shotguns are great at 15m. because they think 7m is 15m. By reading these forums for a year now it is obvious that most players overestimate actual ranges in length by 50 - 100%.

the 12x is the worst scope btw
  18. lunate

Lol yea pretty much.
  19. Prodigal

Easy to say as a TR.
  20. SharpeShooter

whats that supposed to mean? the VS has the same options on nearly all their weapons?