[Suggestion] Infantry/Flash freelook, like cockpit freelook - future Oculus rift, TrakIR & PS4 eye integration.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Village, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Village

As many of you who have played the Arma series know, independent head movement for far superior situational awareness without having to slow down by turning around is a major advantage, and also boosts immersion immensely. Freelook is already in the game to an extent when piloting aircraft, allowing the pilot to look over his shoulder and above the aircraft, giving far better awareness of his surroundings without the need to change flight course.

The biggest advantage for infantry is when sprinting into cover while also still having the ability to check your flanks for enemies, or look over your shoulder instead of turning around to see if you're being followed.

I think everyone would agree that this would be an excellent feature, and with Oculus rift and Playstation 4 coming in the near future, with PS4 eyes ability for head tracking, it would also give far more incentive for players to purchase both these products for the extra immersion and awareness. TrackIR is another PC head tracking device that has been around for a number of years, and used extensively by Arma players, and could also see integration along with the others.

[IMG]

2. DeadliestMoon

I don't know about the eye tracking thing but I hope Planetside is free to play on the PS4 without having a PSN account like DCUO is doing.
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

Way to derail the thread, and yes, it has already been announced F2P at E3.
  4. Village

How is that relevant to the topic?