Indirect nerfe to the Engineer is coming live today.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Bortasz, May 20, 2014.

1. Bortasz

Implant that spot a mines, will greatly decrease there practical application. And sad fact is that one person with this implant can protect big amount of people from them.

Wrel in his video was talking about class specific implants. To encourage distinction between them, and team play. Now everybody can have them.

What you think about this? I'm disappointed.
    • Up x 6
  2. NCstandsforNukaCola

Not only this, there are some implants that destroy teamplay.
  3. Bortasz

Examples?

I know that regeneration implant limit usefulness of Medic.
  4. Torok

I heard there's an Implant that gives auto aim like on the PS4 PS2 version
  5. MostlyClueless

I heard there's an implant that lets you write the names of your enemies into a book and their lightning will flip over and explode, none the wiser.
    • Up x 21
  6. NCstandsforNukaCola

Awareness can be an example I think
    It actually destroys skill rather than teamplay
  7. stalkish

Dont worry too much, mines are normaly invisible or sink into the ground anyways, ive been killed by mines quite a bit lately, ive seen non of them. Could have missed 1 or 2 but when im deliberately driving slowly actively looking for mines because ive just seen an engi on the road (spaming q entire time) its anoying to see explosions out of the ground take you out... Funny thing is i placed 3 mines yesterday, then watched as a sundy drove directly over them and nothing happened, i was like o_O, especially when it returned down the same road only to drive over them again but get killed this time.....
    Mines are unreliable at best.
  8. Bl4ckVoid

Mines are lame, I would not even complain if they were removed.
    • Up x 4
  9. Bortasz

I'm worried about anti infantry mines.
  10. stalkish

its no diff for them, they do exactly the same thing, disappear, sink, teleport off to another dimension, who knows. My point was they are unrealiable at best, in either form.
    I agree tho, auto spotting them is the wrong way to go.
    • Up x 1
  11. PlatoonLeaderG

mines are fun! i always place mines everywhere!I guess thats gone too /sad
  12. MostlyClueless

I've seen plenty of instances of spotting mines only for someone to run into them like an idiot and die anyway. I doubt it'll change much.
  13. Bortasz

My mines kill mostly the BR 100... :( Now they have something that protect them from AI mines.
  14. AdamRah

oh torok, staph
    • Up x 1
  15. MostlyClueless

They already did, it's called Flak Armour.
  16. faykid

Yeah, this is the only thing in the whole update that i trully hate.

Mine planting is like fishing for me. It is a gamble, a funny passtime.

With AT mines, it is already hard to put them where they will work. The most obvious places are always q-ed by the drivers, and the unusual routes are often ignored (not used) which means you lose resources (and AT mines are pretty expensive).

With EOD HUD at least half the time your mines won't get you kills, because it takes one guy with EOD HUD to spot & destroy them.
    • Up x 5
  17. Bortasz

Only engineers use Flak armor. The rest avoid it so I have my kills.

Also sorry but I can place one min near a spawn room and have my kill. Now just one guy can spot my mines and make my tactics absolute.
  18. MostlyClueless

So the implant denies you a cheap kill? Allow me to shed a tear for all those hard earned kills you'll miss putting a mine around the side of a door.

Except people are dumb and will run into them anyway, even the rare ones with the EOD implant equipped.
  19. Bortasz

One guy with that EOD implant make my tactic absolute. Also sorry but they are not cheap kills. I have work to get near the spawn room. I have take risk when I place my cleymores, I;m practically easy kill for anybody that spots me in that time. So they are not cheap kills.
  20. MostlyClueless

You're putting mines round the side of a door. They're cheap kills.

Dont' get me wrong, I do it too. But let's not pretend this is ruining a playstyle that was particularly challenging. It's on the same level of camping a door with a Scatmax.
    • Up x 5