Indestructible spawn beacon

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RevAngel, Dec 29, 2023.

1. RevAngel

This is probably a cheat.

I come across multiple people using spawn beacons that are indestructible. You can knife and/or shoot them (or at least the visible base), but they stay active and spawn-able for the player and his squad who set it. The fraction-coloured beam above the destroyed spawn beacons base stays active, so is the ability to spawn.

This "tactic" is not widely used by many players. But since there are "normal" and working as intended spawn beacons out there and I never encountered this on my own spawn beacons, I think this is not an exploit but a cheat, that changes the value on the spawn beacon somehow.

And since this issue is used not by a majority of players, but by players acting mostly alone I think this is a cheat, not an exploit or bug.

Did you come across this as well? Please have your voice here.
  2. RevAngel

Since this thread did not get a reply and I get farmed by players using the infinite spawn beacons to farm NTU bases, I quit until I hear from any dev or any other in charge how they take action against this cheating.

You will loose a good customer. Paid over 2K $ for Planetside since it came out just to do my part to keep this game alive. In hindsight, since nothing is done against cheating, this was a mistake I will not make again.
  3. RevAngel

Btw, one Character name came up a lot using this cheat: Stria on EU server Miller. If he gets reported too much, he just changes Chars to any similarity or combination of the word (his/her name) Stria.
  4. RevAngel

5. Wh1tebe4rd

If u kill the visible base the spawn beacon is not activ any more, and no one can spawn on it anymore. A new beacon has probably already been placed and the enemies will then spawn at it.
    Sometimes the fraction-coloured beam remains which is the bug the developers are currently trying to fix.