Indarside, and the vocal minority.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Nov 21, 2015.

1. DooDooBreff

Ive been around for a while now, and over time ive seen a few threads about things need to be done about "Indarside" ruining the game. Things have been done, like continent locking, and the VP system. (Also lowering the required points to lock Indar.)

BUT............. For "Indarside" to even exist, it requires the majority of players to want to play on Indar for whatever reasons they prefer it. Maybe because its the best continent design wise? You know, better terrain, less fog, nice color palette, etc.

I, for one prefer Indar above all others.... and Im sure the vast majority (vocal or otherwise) agree, otherwise there would be no "indarside".

My point is that forcing the majority of players (who potentially give theyre money) to play on continents they dont want to be on seems counter intuitive. Catering to the vocal minority at the expense of the silent, and obvious majority is just bad business.

#indarlivesmatter
    • Up x 10
  2. FieldMarshall

I agree.

People who dont like Indar are obviously going to make posts about it.
    But people who actually like Indar wont make posts about how great Indar is. So you only get to read about the negativity.
    You are also likely to get ridiculed for liking Indar with "You like boring fights?" etc. so Indar supporters are probably less likely to speak up about it.

As you said. Since most people choose to play on Indar. It most likely means most people prefer to fight there.
    The counter argument is usually "There are no fights on other continents except Indar, so i have to play on Indar"

Personally, i dont mind Indar. But i hate the stalemate fights at places like Howling Pass, Indar Ex etc.
    If it wasent for those fights holding up 96+ pop in (imo) boring back and forth tank battles for several hours, it would probably be my favourite continent.
    • Up x 2
  3. DarkStarII

I think that the problem with Indar (and the other continents) is that the really good looking bases are right next to the warp gate, and because if this no one ever gets to fight at/near them.
  4. Liewec123

i prefer esamir, but idarside is the reality,
    the playerbase is slowly shrinking and currently we only have the pop to have decent fights on one map.
    and thats usually indar.

when people ask what the favourite map is i actually see more people say esamir than indar,
    but because the fight is usually on indar thats where we all have to play.

:D esamir (flat, simple, nice bases)
    :) indar (its halfway between esamir and amerish)
    o_O amerish (too many ravines, mountains and chokepoints)
    :mad: hossin (fog, bloom, darkness, clutter)
  5. Pikachu

This fog thing claim is strange. Indar desert which everyone likes so much has more fog than Esamir during mos of the day. Yet people complain on Esamir fog.
    • Up x 2
  6. Pikachu

Esamir is about as flat as Indar grasslands and less so than the desert. The bases are way too numerous and fights see the least variation. The Indar 'T'. Esamir has all the annoying walls that were meant to block vehicles but the devs forgot to have enough openings for Infantry, especially defenders.

Why do people say Hossin is dark? It's the opposite. It has almost as bright nights as Esamir. Indar has the longest and darkest nights.
  7. Liewec123

hossin seems like its perpetually night, its always so dark, and the bloom on the plants doesn't help it just makes it so you can't see anything else except the plants...
    (i'm talking about ultra, so perhaps the darkness is mostly from shadows since the whole map is covered with trees)

the mixture of darkness, bloom and fog make it impossible to see what you're doing.
  8. ZDarkShadowsZ

Personally I don't mind Indar but it isn't as though I choose to fight there because I like it, I choose to fight there because that's where everyone else fights.
  9. Reclaimer77

Indar is too friendly to vehicle shi#@ers. Facing vehicle zergs all day and air swarms at the same bases over and over does not a fun experience make.

Mix in some REALLY horrible base designs that favor skilless cowards shelling defenders, and meh, I've grown to hate Indarside.
  10. Taemien

The ironic thing, is I believe Amerish is more intuitive to vehicles. The terrain is rough, to be sure. But it gives more cover to anti-vehicle weaponry from infantry. While infantry have very little they can hide behind while returning fire.. in otherwords, they can hide, but eventually get blown up anyway.
  11. Crator

A good synopsis. I prefer Hossin for the traits you listed for it myself....
  12. LodeTria

I like indar because I like vehicle hunting as a tank/harasser driver.
    I often have little interest in shooting infantry unless they are ruining armour fights with all their scummer Mana turrets or long range AV.
  13. Benton582

I <3 Esamir, it's the only place with TRUE beauty.
    • Up x 2
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

sir, i agree with your ranking but not necessarily with all your arguments. i'd say:

1. Esamir: best because great visuals, nice open areas, best tankmap, runs best performance-wise, cool bases, lovely snowy atmosphere (especially Esamir nights are amazing)
    2. Indar: second-best because it offers the most variety (flat desert in north, hilly grassland in southwest, canyons in southeast) and has the best infantry-vehicle balance, also great bases and good flow of battle
    3. Amerish: too mountain-heavy, very unfriendly to ground vehicles, bases are okay (Ascent+area is pretty cool), mountain area favors sniping Infils and Light Assault too much
    4. Hossin: even less friendly to ground vehicles than Amerish, too foggy, lush environment favors Light Assault, tree cover favors aircraft too much (lock-ons break constantly), not to mention IT RUNS THE WORST PERFROMANCE-WISE
    • Up x 2
  15. breeje

why do i like indar so much?............... map knowledge
    as a infil that needs to be sneaky map knowledge is everything
    why don't i learn the other maps?
    well i have a good knowledge of the other maps but not like i know indar
    and i am to stupid to remember all the other maps :D
  16. Eternaloptimist

That is changing with the VP system giving you a point for connecting warp gates. I have been in a few battles in nice and unfamiliar bases as a result
  17. Cheetoh

Esamir is Indar with 40 foot walls.
  18. Jubikus

I like indar the best because of the terrain some of the bases could use more than one exit so they dont just promote spawn camping
  19. customer548

[quote="Pikachu, post: 3314424, member: 138073"... Esamir has all the annoying walls that were meant to block vehicles but the devs forgot to have enough openings for Infantry, especially defenders.
    ...[/quote]

I always thought that those walls on Esamir were protection against the weather fluctuations such as blizzard, snow tempests due to a possible excessive wind in an artic environment. Those walls would be here in order to protect installations, equipments and troops from extreme low temperatures and artic winds bringing hudge amounts of snow inside bases.
  20. Iridar51

For me it's more about individual bases than continents. All continents have great and terrible bases.