Increased cert gain for other activities?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptBiscuit, Jan 30, 2013.

1. CptBiscuit

One of the biggest problems I'm having with this game is that cert gain is really slow. I'm looking at 20 certs an hour on a good day. I think a big reason for this is that I don't engage in a lot of direct combat. It seems to me that doing helpful things like healing, resupplying, and repairing should get you more certs since you are contributing to a fight. Instead the game seems to lock you out after a while (and as far as I know only resets after a certain amount of time.) That doesn't really seem too fair, you don't stop getting credits for certs after you get "too many" kills. Does anyone else feel this way?
    • Up x 2
  2. Tharrn

Didn't notice the lock out thingy so far... you don't get XP for repairing/healing team damage though (which makes sense). Unfortunately there seems to be an awful lot of it.
  3. CptBiscuit

Honestly as exploitable as that is I'd almost be okay with being able to get xp from FF considering how slowly you gain certs.
  4. illgot

healing brings in a lot of exp. Especially if you are resing players. Increase your ability to res players to the max I you can walk by people and res them in about a second. In a large battle you can easily get 20-30 kills worth of exp in less than 10 minutes.
  5. Jex =TE=

Infis and Engis can only do so much hacking or repairing before they stop getting XP for it. The way to fix that is to kill someone so I read on here some time ago and it resets it. Now it seems we still get 200 xp per kill, but nothing for doing our jobs. Nice one SOE, reward the run and gunners and screw everyone else that actually has a job to do - great way to keep us interested in your soon to be dead game.
  6. NC_agent00kevin

I get my Medic gun out when I see we are assaulting The Crown. I want no part of the actual combat; its a meatgrinder. I just rez people and heal, with the occasional close encounter, usually solved with my Piston. I get craploads of XP and Certs from it. You can also benefit from seeking out a Zerg and placing a Sundy near the base they are assaulting. I notice we need to flank, and there are 4 Sundies on standby...so I get my own and deploy it. I dont even need to say anything in chat...they just start flowing out of it. I then swap to Engie and place an ammo pack at the front with a turret nearby for a signal theres ammo there and the XP never stops. This is what I do a lot when the Outfit isnt on or active.
  7. Lucidius134

I love it when people tell you not to play the game how you want to or what is the most fun for you with "This way gives the most certs!"

The EXP system should strive to reward everyone equally. As it is, if i'm being VERY helpful to the entire empire, i get far less Xp then I do finding a biolab and playing Call of Dutyside 2
    • Up x 1
  8. CptBiscuit

I agree. Everyone has an equal role in combat and they should be treated equally.
  9. Pemtaphalon

I feel it is more unfair for engineers, on NC I love playing medic, got the NS-11 and a nearly maxed out res gun, I can do well in combat roles, which gets me kill certs, and then when the battle calms down I can heal and res whilst everyone camps the spawn room (often waiting for the over eager noobs to jump in front of the forcefield and getting 500 rockets to the face) res him up and get some more xp.

The Engineer however is kind of lame for cert gain, at least it feels slower, since their actions give small amounts of xp, usually around 5xp, of course they can kill too but they have a very dangerous job to get the certs, repairing tanks for example is very dangerous, as if the tank gets a missile and boom, you get flattened by the wreckage.

I read that they were going to increase support xp in the delayed patch though, anyone know anything about that?
  10. CptBiscuit

So far that appears to be untrue. So far my best cert gain as an engineer was at the Crown, but you can't really count on that and it's boring to just stay in one place.