Increase death count for teammates who kill other teammates when not fighting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by shindig, Dec 14, 2012.

1. shindig

The last couple days I've been killed more than a dozen times by my own teammates shooting me in the back of the head WHEN THERE WAS NO FIGHTING GOING ON.

One guy killed me 3x while I was standing in the middle of 20 other people on point.. Again today same **** from completely different guy killed me twice right as the point was capping after I'd been standing there for more than 5 minutes. Then dozens of times people just shoot me but stop because I have camo.

Also idiots throwing nades into a crowd of teammates CAPPING A POINT is a daily occurence. Needs to be something that can be done, lock them earlier or penalize them more severely pls.
  2. Jaggedmallard26

I agree but its too easy to accidentally kill someone especially when they are idiots.
    I think if a vehicle is blatantly firing on friendlies it should be deconstructed. I was flying a scythe with a lib tailing behind me when the gunner decided it would be funny to shell me as I was flying straight. He should of been deconstructed or at least the gunner dies.
  3. Jestunhi

I assume your camo isn't one used to make you look like another faction (e.g. VS in giraffe)?

Because if it is, you have it coming tbh. You know what you look like!
  4. shindig

No I got rid of my giraffe last week because of that.

Now it's just desert camo, but the people are just being dicks because it's happened on other default looking characters as well. One guy was a healer who shot each of us in the back of the head while we were camping a point and rezzed each, then after that he threw a nade right into the center of everyone and rezzed everyone again. I put a rocket in his head after that.

A lot of people also like to just shoot you not enough to kill you but just shoot once every 5 seconds which is annoying as hell while you're looking in the menu at certs or the map while camping a point.
  5. Jestunhi

Sounds like the community on your faction on your server is ****e then tbh.

Which server and faction is it do I can avoid?
  6. Brok9000

I think every time you TK someone you lose 1 cert point. Problem solved.
  7. SinerAthin

Why do we even have a K/D ladder in a game that's about being part of a bigger army?

The proffessional outfits can wind up dying a tonne of times, but still get twice as many objectives done compared to farm drones sticking to the safety of the zerg.

I don't get why we'd encourage egotistical solo play in a game like this, seems counter productive o_O

It's a war! You're not gonna win unless someone's willing to sacrifice, so don't punish them!