Incomming OMFG NC OP THEY HEADSHOT ME

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PanzerShrimp, Dec 17, 2013.

1. PanzerShrimp

With the changes to Nanoweave and NC players having played handicapped for so long, theres going to be a lot of ADS Head shots bypassing Nanoweave.

All those scrubs who run into a room with an LMG/AR and just hip fire spam and win thinking they were good players before patch are in for a rude awakening.
    • Up x 3
  2. Camycamera

so, is this a NC is OP thread in disguise?
  3. Necron

Well TBH VS are the best at this because of no bullet drop on most of their small arms.
  4. PanzerShrimp

VS haven't been handicapped since launch and many are hip fire scrubs.
  5. Roll Fizzlebeef

Now the NC does have one marginally small advantage.

New characters begin with a Bolt Action rifle while the VS and the TR must save up 100 certs to get. To a new player, 100 certs is a frustrating grind.

This also means that there will likely be an abundance of low BR NC snipers which is even more frustrating to new players that have joined the VS or TR.
    • Up x 1
  6. PanzerShrimp

NC is far from OP.
  7. Roll Fizzlebeef

No bullet drop has no measurable advantage before 150m on infantry weapons.
  8. PanzerShrimp

Y
    es the starting NC bolt action rifle is clearly going to balance everything out.
  9. RogueVindicare

Except for Shotgun Slugs~! Which got nerfed this patch.
  10. Yuukikun

Unfortunately for you, Bullet drop doesn't affect accuracy until you reach about 150m range. This has been proven with numbers and graphs in other posts before.
  11. Paperlamp

not sure if serious but if not good1
  12. Roll Fizzlebeef

I'm detecting sarcasm... or maybe it's passive-aggresiveism... but I can't tell over the internet.

But I'm just saying it's mainly impacting newer players.

I don't mind so much anymore though. Low BR snipers seem to forget that they can be counter-sniped and almost never cloak.
  13. Mhak

Low BR snipers are not frustrating to deal with, they are basically snowmen that reward less XP per kill and sometimes move around or go invisible for very short periods of time.
  14. Necron

I never mentioned range I said they were the best at it because of no bullet drop...
  15. ST4LK3R

I use Sirius on my HA and usually hip fire at heads...I'm so excited with new nanoweave change. oh boy! oh boy!
  16. Mootar

Trust me, gangs of NC noobs, grouped on the nearest hill, uselessly plinking away with bolt drivers instead of being useful in a base fight, is a lot more frustrating for their fellow NC than it will ever be for TR/VS.

Personally I think the NC as a whole suffer for having a BASR as a starter weapon, most new TR/VS players actually get involved and contribute as HA/Medic/Engi.
    • Up x 2
  17. Yuukikun

My post wasn't that long. Not even 2 full lines of text and you couldn't read it properly. ''No bullet drop'' doesn't change anything about head shot rate.
  18. Necron

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit because apparently every shot is taken at less than 150 metres according to what you just said.
  19. Campagne

Too bad those NC snipers will be within LMG/AR/BR/Carbine range if they want to kill with one shot...
  20. janeTEXAS

NC are mlg players n0scope ex-cod 2much5kill4you

watchout!!!! :p