In-game voice chat breaking at random

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Azzer, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Azzer

My in-game voice-chat seems to be breaking every couple of hours or so now, requiring a client restart.

It does one of two things;
    - My hotkeys for voice-chat stop doing anything (I don't get my little "speaking" UI notification and nobody can hear me), but I can still hear everyone else.
    - Voice-chat stops altogether - I don't hear anyone else, no UI to show anyone talking, my voice-chat hotkeys all do nothing.

Tried all sorts, from changing voice-channels available, to re-assigning hotkeys, default settings, audio driver update. The only fix is to restart the game client, then all is fine again, usually for a good couple of hours.

Only seems to be happening since GU02.
  2. Athanasius

FWIW I find that going into Voice options, toggling VOIP off entirely, waiting a couple seconds, then toggling it back on again gets things working again after 5-10s max. No client restart needed. This has fixed "I can't hear people", "people can't hear me" and "keybinds are activating the wrong channels, if any" issues for me.

Also be sure to double-check channel volumes if you can see the VOIP activation text on the HUD but hear nothing.
  3. Azzer

I've tried flicking it off and on, but like literally click off... click on... immediately. Next time it happens I'll try leaving it off for a good pause (I'll go kill some naughty bad men while I wait) and try back on again, and see if that helps, thanks for the tip.

(and yeah I double-checked the individual channel volumes, tried sliding them up and down again etc. to no avail. - when it dies you don't see their VOIP activation on the HUD either, as if VOIP is totally disabled).