[Suggestion] Improving vehicle and infil roles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thesweet, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Thesweet

Right now we have a problem with lobs hanging around in the sky laughing at ground AA. I think vehicle roles need to be more defined.

I think tanks need much more armour and HP than what they currently have. They should be able to take hits and cover infantry advance or retreat, also dominate open spaces to a degree. No where near as much firepower as air, but enough to keep a few infantry indoors. Their main turret should have a slower turn rate.

Air should be very weak with armour and HP and very inaccurate unless they have ground units target assisting. They should be highly mobile platforms that deliver large payloads.

Lighter units should be more about scouting with more surveillance and recon attachment options. High speed and manuvrability.

Infantry dominate in structures as they should do.

I wrote these ideas in another post to achive this, these ideas create more teamwork between vehicles, infantry and air:

“I think rather than adding in arty they should add in guided missiles.

They should give recon lasers to mark targets, be it a point on the ground or a vehicle. Then nearby air or armour in the platoon with missile equipped can lock on and fire at the lasered target.

The missile have a short range so that negates render range, something in the range of 200-400m. It needs a marked target to be accurate bringing in more teamwork. If it isn't marked the the missile is dumb fired and is highly inaccurate with a random drop vector so it could land anywhere. To compensate for this the missiles have a large blast radius with a fair amount of damage.

This way air can be nerfed with less armour. They can be highly mobile platforms that can deploy large payloads but only if assisted by ground. They can't hang around and farm because they are very fragile with a increase of cost to pull them.

I was thinking that the infil could even have the option of how many bomb he wants for the air strike, maybe a max of 3 missiles or a barrage or mortar. Then that come up as a mission to nearby air.

Lightnings could have a mortar rather than a missile than they can fire. Almost useless on direct fire on most things but but it gets a designation off an infil can launch a spectacular barrage on a target. Max range of 100-250m. It should also have a radar jammer on it as well so it can block nearby laser locks when not using mortar.

With all this firepower there should be counters. Smoke is already there but infil with a UAV could also use emp pings to deny enemy laser locks and be used to spot at the same time. Standard infantry smoke should disable locks as well.”