[Suggestion] Improve Premium Benefits

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drakortha, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Drakortha

I'm not a premium member on Planetside 2; however I have a few suggestions that may sweeten the deal for those who, like me, may be on the fence about it.

500 Daybreak Cash Per Month
    This is a good amount of cash to buy whatever cosmetic item or maybe a weapon. However, 1 time per month is too infrequent, and only 500 in that entire month won't go very far. My suggestion; Change it to something like 300 daybreak cash, and make it Per Week. 4 payments of 300, amounting to 1200 per month. If that sounds too generous, it could be reduced down to 4 payments of 250, amounting to 1000 per month.

Either way, giving your players more frequent benefits sweetens the deal for many of us. After all the priority here is not only to get new members by sweetening the deal overall, but you want to keep retention high with the regular flow of daybreak each week. This retention also coincides with my 2nd suggestion.

2x XP The Last Weekend of Every Month
    This has the same problem as my first point - once a month is too infrequent. Not only that, but it's a very specific weekend of the month, what if you cannot play? It's very easy for your members to miss that once special weekend of the month. My suggestion? Make it 2x XP every weekend!

Again, this incentivizes players logging in every weekend and feeling those benefits - hence improving the feel of value they are getting with their premium membership. On top of that, if they are recieving 300 daybreak cash every week as well, then this just further increases the value of premium, knowing that every weekend I login I will be receiving double XP, as well as a bit of daybreak cash to spend on a new skin.
  2. Heini

Members got the NSOs and I think this has made it good enough. The only thing that I want now is that they finally fix them and doesn't make them pay-to-lose. Among many other things we simply don't have MAXs, ESFs and MBTs. I only play on my NSO now and it just feels like the devs hate us paying members and want to get rid of us. There are so many bugs that were supposedly on "high priority" and still haven't been fixed for more than a month: Things that simply don't work like the rocklet rifle ammo types which I paid for with real money or when you use a terminal and your character suddenly freezes and you can't do anything besides relogging which of course mostly happens in alerts and this means if you relog you will most likely switch from the winning faction to the losing one and lose all of your alert progress and the chance of getting these rare alert weapons that are locked behind such stupid requirements.

In the end I just wish they would care more about their actual paying playerbase and not waste their time on that spawn system that everyone hates.