[Suggestion] Impoved Triage

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Ixidron, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Ixidron

Let's face it, Triage is too expensive and situational that it's almost useless and few people uses it as it heals really slowly and only works inside vehicles.

How to improve it:

• Make it heal for an area around the vehicle the medic is in, instead of having to mount in a sunderer/galaxy to heal others.
    • Increase the amount healed by triage.
    • Make each rank increase the amount healed and the area of effect.
    • Put an icon above vehicles having a medic with triage on them (similar to sunderer's holograms).
    So now you can make a sunderer (or any other vehicle) you little infirmary, now medics gunning the secondary weapon of a tank can now provide medical care to nearby teammates allowing them to push the frontlines with the tank as a backup, creating a situation of combined arms, tanks provide cover and healing while infantry takes down HA from a relatively safe position and repair the tank knowing that they'll be healed form the explosions.
  2. PSBJ

That's still situational. What are you going to do, sit in a sunderer healing one or two people slowly instead of being out of the vehicle healing with your med app?
  3. Ixidron

Did you read the entire post? You don't need to sit in a sunderer doing nothing, you can gun a tank, pilot a liberator a galaxy or whatever vehicle you want and still have some healing capabilities, overall is less situational and promotes teamwork.
  4. Joust

I'd love to see it have the vehicle component removed, and honestly with TTK being the way it is, a slow tick heal is quite worthless even if it was passive. Our Nano Generator is enough already. Maybe.....

Triage - Adds a damage reducing shielding effect to a newly revived player.
    Ranks:
    1 - .5s, 10% DR - 50 certs
    2 - .5s, 20% DR - 100 certs
    3 - 1s, 30% DR - 200 certs
    4 - 1s, 40% DR - 400 certs
    5 - 1.5s, 50% DR - 1000 certs
    • Up x 1
  5. BombrMan

I think it's meant to be for when you win a fight and then all pile into a vehicle to move to the next one. Then when everyone gets out they will be back to full life. Not that useful to me, because I think it's rare for there to be no medic around to the point where injured troopers are piling into vehicles with you. People generally get healed before they roll out.
  6. Qauron

Good idea I kinda thought of this as soon as I saw this post. Perhaps the medic could also heal individuals outside the vehicle at a faster rate so the medic has something to click on or do while he sits in the vehicle.
  7. Vorenius

Triage is entirely overpriced for the current benfits, I would much prefer your idea of a passive AOE around the vehicle.
  8. Eshaede

i have it at rank one, and thus
    "get in, were leaving"
    "but im hurt"
    "get in, youll be fine by the time we get there"

its not really for use -in action-

increase the amount healed, possibly with a delay to stop people hopping in and out under fire imo
  9. Jac70

I have it as level 1 - it may as well be equipped as it doesn't interfere with anything else but so far I've only got about 40-50xp with it. It's something I'll upgrade more when I have everything else but with all the other healing methods available I feel it's not really worth messing with.
  10. Ixidron

Maybe we can have this:

Level 1: Heals people inside the vehicle you are.
    Level 2: Now it also heals people around the vehicle in a 10m area.
    Level 3: Increased area to 15 meters and healing by 25%.
    Level 4: Increases area to 25 meters and healing by 50%.
    Level 5: increases healing by 100%.

Lets say triage level 5 is like a level 3-4 medical regenerator.
    • Up x 2
  11. MarlboroMan-E

If/when outfits start doing organized gal ops, it'll be worthwhile. If/when dudes start using sundy for transport, it'll be useful.

I think a healing aura around a sundy would be cool, but might get OP fast.
  12. ScorpDK

stacking vehicle medics would be pretty OP with AoEs overlapping making the people able to almost instantly recover from a bullet impact.

But either way, Triage as it currently is...is not really something you will grab unless you maxed out everything else and want to be the 100% certed Medic. It needs some extra bonus of some kind...
    • Up x 1
  13. Ixidron

A simple healing cap or making it unable to stack will solve the problem, lets say 2 vehicles with 2 medics with maxed triage can heal like a maxed medical regenerator.
  14. DickJohnsonn

I disagree with most of the statements about triage being useless or needing a buff. It is obviously not going to be beneficial to someone who plays solo with the zerg. After certing level 2 triage at BR 36 it has become very useful when I am with my outfit as a platoon. Mostly due to me having a heavily certed sunder and being a dedicated driver. It is very good in cap n' move style play. We try to maintain a very fast load up time after a cap meaning get to the sunder or get left behind and walk. When 2 guys get into my sunder out of 12 who are three quarters health I will get around 60xp. Furthermore it is very useful when staying in the sunder at the point of attack. Several people who spawned max can hop into my sunder and man my 50cal or fury while being healed.

Would you rather have the good stuff be cheaper and available early on at low BR's or keep the current system of being able to upgrade the most beneficial for the same amount of certs? It would seem to me that people would be pissing themselves if the first lvl2 med app upgrade cost 100 certs.

My summary of triage is that triage is useful for people involved in organized play and useless for casual players.
  15. KoSGunny

I don't agree with out of vehicles AOEs.. Entirely too overpowered (just have engineers repairing tanks with improved survivability to splash damage) and would be exploited. Also, unrealistic to a bit of a game breaking extent.

However, they could have it be maybe 2% per second by default, and up to 5% (20 seconds 0-100). Still take 50 seconds for full heal. As it is, level 2 is 0.8%.. Which requires ~75 seconds at level 2. God only knows what level 1 would require.
  16. James Seth Lynch

The effect itself is fine the only problem is that its overpriced. Tone down the cert cost and it will be perfectly acceptable.
    • Up x 3
  17. Arcanum

I think I'll pass. 100 certs initial cost, 1450 total. Insignificant XP gain and barely more practical than the standard medic ability, also said to be much slower. All of that with several levels of upgrades. This is one of the reasons I hate the cert system, not only is it unnecessary(if the game's good) for the experience and based on straight up unbalancing the game, but it also incentivizes/forces the developers to do **** like this just to pad things out because that's one of the reasons the system is there in the first place.
    AND WE ALSO ALREADY HAVE PASSIVE HEALTH REGEN IN THIS GAME AS A FACILITY BONUS AS WELL AS EVERY TERMINAL AND ALSO THE REDEPLOY BUTTON.

Oh yeah, it allegedly can somehow slowly heal MAXes inside the vehicle. Incredible! If only MAXes ever ran without engineers around...

More feedback in case developers are still reading this post and they operate by number of complaints instead of argumentation

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/combat-medic-triage.58426/
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/speedup-triage-with-cert-up.50461/
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/triage-lets-talk-about-it.50229/
  18. xsita

I have maxed it out because I thought it increasing heals across a board :( Im such an idiot :D
  19. Shadowhunter1

sometimes you get the 1 pug to jump in the short bus late, then you gain XP from healing him. for the stragglers in other words. It's the worse thing you can get for a medic. focus on maxing out the med gun 1st then your AOE heal, everything else comes quickly after that.
  20. Arcanum

Ouch. Hopefully you'll be able to recert that in the future.
    I'm still amazed how it's not enough to have a useless cert in the game, it has to be padded out over 5 levels to give the grinder crowd the illusion of achievement they crave so much.